Monday, July 12, 2021

Following Suggestions?

Meditate. Is what the Lord told Moses the same instructions that I should follow?

These are the decrees, regulations, and instructions that the LORD gave through Moses on Mount Sinai as evidence of the relationship between himself and the Israelites. Leviticus 26:46

God is pretty specific on who He is and what He expects of His followers. He gave Moses the Ten Commandments—not the six suggestions. God wants to fellowship with us, wants for us to know Him and to live the way He has designed.

"Do not make idols or set up carved images, or sacred pillars, or sculptured stones in your land so you may worship them. I am the LORD your God. You must keep my Sabbath days of rest and show reverence for my sanctuary. I am the LORD. If you follow my decrees and are careful to obey my commands, I will send you the seasonal rains. The land will then yield its crops, and the trees of the field will produce their fruit. Your threshing season will overlap with the grape harvest, and your grape harvest will overlap with the season of planting grain. You will eat your fill and live securely in your own land. I will give you peace in the land, and you will be able to sleep with no cause for fear. I will rid the land of wild animals and keep your enemies out of your land. ... I will look favorably upon you, making you fertile and multiplying your people. And I will fulfill my covenant with you. ... I will live among you, and I will not despise you. I will walk among you; I will be your God, and you will be my people. ... However, if you do not listen to me or obey all these commands, and if you break my covenant by rejecting my decrees, treating my regulations with contempt, and refusing to obey my commands, I will punish you. I will bring sudden terrors upon you—wasting diseases and burning fevers that will cause your eyes to fail and your life to ebb away. You will plant your crops in vain because your enemies will eat them. I will turn against you, and you will be defeated by your enemies. Those who hate you will rule over you, and you will run even when no one is chasing you! And if, in spite of all this, you still disobey me, I will punish you seven times over for your sins. ... But despite all this, I will not utterly reject or despise them while they are in exile in the land of their enemies. I will not cancel my covenant with them by wiping them out, for I am the LORD their God. For their sakes I will remember my ancient covenant with their ancestors, whom I brought out of the land of Egypt in the sight of all the nations, that I might be their God. I am the LORD." These are the decrees, regulations, and instructions that the LORD gave through Moses on Mount Sinai as evidence of the relationship between himself and the Israelites. Leviticus 26:1-6, 9, 11-12, 14-18, 44-46

God provides the list of things that will happen if we trust Him…and if we don’t. Consider how He wants us to live. The choice is ours. Know God develop a relationship with Him.

Prayer ~ Lord, I trust You with my life…and want to live the way You want me to live. 

The Empty Tomb - Jerusalem
Jesus was raised from the dead.

Verses of Salvation ~ Always remember that Jesus Christ, a descendant of King David, was raised from the dead. This is the Good News I preach. And because I preach this Good News, I am suffering and have been chained like a criminal. But the word of God cannot be chained. So I am willing to endure anything if it will bring salvation and eternal glory in Christ Jesus to those God has chosen. 2 Timothy 2:8-10

Think future, not past


© 2021 Text, photos and illustrations by Mickey M. Hunacek. All rights reserved.
All scripture quoted from the New Living Translation (NLT) unless otherwise noted.
New Living Translation copyright © 1996, 2004, 2007 by Tyndale House Foundation.
Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved.
Biblical search from Blue Letter Bible - http://v3.blueletterbible.org/search.cfm.


Parenting Day By Day - Daily Devotional for Building Character

Available as an e-book or paperback at Amazon.com


Consider beginning a daily devotional mid-year.

No comments: