Thursday, July 22, 2021

Life is Short

Meditate. Consider the life God has given you.

Hear my prayer, O LORD! Listen to my cries for help! Don't ignore my tears. For I am your guest—a traveler passing through, as my ancestors were before me. Leave me alone so I can smile again before I am gone and exist no more. Psalm 39:12-13

Life is short. There is no doubt about that. Oh, some people may live to be over one hundred years old—one of my Dad’s cousins is 101, but most of people’s life span in the US is 76 years for men and 81 years for women. For other countries, it is similar…Germany 80 years, Portugal 79 years, Canada 81 years, Russia 70 years. We are but travelers passing through this land as a guest of God. Everything we have is from Him.

…. What do you have that God hasn't given you? And if everything you have is from God, why boast as though it were not a gift? 1 Corinthians 4:7

Blueberries in my backyard.
Perfectly sweet.

Enjoy God’s gifts here on earth. I am continually reminded…and thankful…for the bountiful variety of foods He so creatively has provided for us, especially at this time of the year with the marvelous fruits and vegetables. Ahhh. Pass that bowl of blueberries, plums and cherries.

Are you grateful for your existence here? How is your relationship today with God?

Prayer ~ Thank You Jesus for my very existence…and for amazing variety of plants and animals that You created. I am grateful for being alive here on earth as I pass through this lifetime…and for all that You have provided…food, water, shelter, family, friends…and all that we require just to exist. When I exist no more here…then I will be with You, forever in eternity.

Verse of Salvation ~ God, for whom and through whom everything was made, chose to bring many children into glory. And it was only right that he should make Jesus, through his suffering, a perfect leader, fit to bring them into their salvation. Hebrews 2:10

Think smiling, not sad


© 2021 Text, photos and illustrations by Mickey M. Hunacek. All rights reserved.
All scripture quoted from the New Living Translation (NLT) unless otherwise noted.
New Living Translation copyright © 1996, 2004, 2007 by Tyndale House Foundation.
Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved.
Biblical search from Blue Letter Bible - http://v3.blueletterbible.org/search.cfm

Parenting Day By Day - Daily Devotional for Building Character

Available as an e-book or paperback at Amazon.com

No comments: