Thursday, July 29, 2021

Are You Ready?

If you normally receive this post via e-mail, note that the website will soon no longer support e-mail delivery. Please bookmark the website to read regularly. Thanks.  www.kingstablefest.blogspot.com

Meditate.

A servant of the Lord must not quarrel but must be kind to everyone, be able to teach, and be patient with difficult people. 2 Timothy 2:24 

Jesus was the ultimate servant. Remember how He washed the disciples’ feet during their last Passover meal together (read John 13:1-20) and told them that He gave them an example as He washed their feet and they should do the same. He was kind and patient with His disciples as He taught them one last time.

I have given you an example to follow. Do as I have done to you. I tell you the truth, slaves (servants) are not greater than their master. Nor is the messenger more important than the one who sends the message. John 13:15-16

Being a servant of the Lord is actually an honor—who else would be better to serve? Selfishly, not ourselves. Rather, we can serve the Lord by serving others. Do you know what the Lord expects of you? It is time to dig into His word and get prepared. Jesus said several times to be ready.

You also must be ready all the time, for the Son of Man will come when least expected. Matthew 24:44

The servants who are ready and waiting for his return will be rewarded. I tell you the truth, he himself will seat them, put on an apron, and serve them as they sit and eat! He may come in the middle of the night or just before dawn. But whenever he comes, he will reward the servants who are ready. Luke 12:37-38

And a servant who knows what the master wants, but isn't prepared and doesn't carry out those instructions, will be severely punished. Luke 12:47

Are you ready? Do you know what God expects of you? Are you doing that…and growing closer in your relationship with the Lord?

Hiking on Candy Mt.
Be prepared.
Prayer ~ Lord, this is such an immense responsibility—to know what You want…and to do it! Help me to not only see specifically the path that You have set before me, but just as You have promised Israel that You will brighten the darkness and smooth out the path ahead of them (Isahiah 42:16)…please do this for me, and for my family, friends and neighbors. I want to see You more clearly and be ready for Your return, Jesus. I trust Your promises and know that you will return. Let it be.

Verses of Salvation ~ Hear me as I pray, O LORD. Be merciful and answer me! My heart has heard you say, "Come and talk with me." And my heart responds, "LORD, I am coming." Do not turn your back on me. Do not reject your servant in anger. You have always been my helper. Don't leave me now; don't abandon me, O God of my salvation! Psalm 27:7-9

Think servant, not self-centered


© 2021 Text, photos and illustrations by Mickey M. Hunacek. All rights reserved.
All scripture quoted from the New Living Translation (NLT) unless otherwise noted.
New Living Translation copyright © 1996, 2004, 2007 by Tyndale House Foundation.
Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved.
Biblical search from Blue Letter Bible - http://v3.blueletterbible.org/search.cfm.
 
Parenting Day By Day - Daily Devotional for Building Character

Available as an e-book or paperback at Amazon.com

No comments: