Monday, November 23, 2020

Heartfelt Thanks

Meditate.

Grapes - no thorns on these vines
A good tree can't produce bad fruit, and a bad tree can't produce good fruit. A tree is identified by its fruit. Figs are never gathered from thornbushes, and grapes are not picked from bramble bushes. A good person produces good things from the treasury of a good heart, and an evil person produces evil things from the treasury of an evil heart. What you say flows from what is in your heart. Luke 6:43-45

What is flowing from your heart? Is it good fruit from a good tree? You know that good fruit doesn’t come from a bad tree. I live in an area where there are lots of fruit trees…as well as vineyards. If the trees are old and worn-out not producing enough fruit to make them economical, then they are chopped down. I’ve seen whole orchards removed—usually because it is more economical to grow grapes than apples. The trees were seen as useless. Are we useless if we are not producing fruit? What can you do to “produce fruit” again? Remember that the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, gentleness, faithfulness and self-control. Are those evident in your life?

What you say flows from what is in your heart. What’s in your heart today? Are you giving thanks for what flows from your heart? 

Prayer ~ I give you thanks, O LORD, with all my heart; I will sing your praises before the gods. I bow before your holy Temple as I worship. I praise your name for your unfailing love and faithfulness; for your promises are backed by all the honor of your name. As soon as I pray, you answer me; you encourage me by giving me strength. Psalm 138:1-3

Verse of Salvation ~ For God says, "At just the right time, I heard you. On the day of salvation, I helped you." Indeed, the "right time" is now. Today is the day of salvation." 2 Corinthians 6:2

© 2020 by Mickey M. Hunacek. All rights reserved.

Unless otherwise indicated, all scripture quotations are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation, copyright © 1996, 2004, 2015 by Tyndale House Foundation. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc. Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved.

Biblical search from Blue Letter Bible - https://www.blb.org 

Follow And Like "Banquet With The King" on Facebook. 👍

Parenting Day By Day - Daily Devotional for Building Character

Available as an e-book or paperback at Amazon.com

Do you have your devotional for 2021?



No comments: