Sunday, November 29, 2020

Consider the Poinsettias

As we begin the Advent season, meditate on God as our creator--giving us Hope.

Look at the lilies and how they grow. They don't work or make their clothing, yet Solomon in all his glory was not dressed as beautifully as they are. And if God cares so wonderfully for flowers that are here today and thrown into the fire tomorrow, he will certainly care for you. Why do you have so little faith? Luke 12:27-28 

Flower time is about over in most of our gardens. Now we’ve poinsettias indoors—great Christmas flowers. When we lived in Okinawa where my husband was stationed in the Air Force, we had poinsettia bushes growing outside in our yard that were well over eight feet tall—and poinsettias bloomed on them in the winter. I don’t recall the blooms being as large as the colored portions of the flowers we have now…and they were all red when in season. Local people often had them growing along their cement block fences and the edge of their yards. Nice border bushes.

Consider the poinsettias blooming now…red, white and pink. God was very creative in development of blooming flowers, bushes and trees in different seasons. No matter what the season…there is some flowering plant to be seen…somewhere. He is an awesome God. There is no other God like Him. Could Buddha or Confucius create beasts as diverse as those of the oceans, deserts and mountains, as well as the variety of flowers, shrubs and trees that we have around the world? I don’t think any being is as powerful or creative as our God. Just as Luke quoted Jesus… And if God cares so wonderfully for flowers that are here today and thrown into the fire tomorrow, he will certainly care for you. He cares more about us than He does about the flowers. He makes sure the plants get enough water to grow and bloom each year. He cares. That alone is enough to make me whole heartedly believe in Him…as my creator. To know that Jesus cared enough about me to go to the cross for my sin…and die there…makes me whole heartedly believe in Him…as my Savior. Can life get any better? I am eternally grateful for all that the Lord has done for me—knowing that I could never pay for my own sins myself or never buy my way into Heaven. That is not God’s way. He had a more perfect plan. I must, and do, just humbly accept His plan. Do you have faith to believe and accept what Christ Jesus has done for you? Have faith and Hope.

Prayer ~ Lord Jesus, please give me more faith each day…and a deeper love and understanding for what You have done for us all. You give us HOPE for our future.

Verse of Salvation ~ What can I offer the LORD for all he has done for me? I will lift up the cup of salvation and praise the LORD's name for saving me. I will keep my promises to the LORD in the presence of all his people. Psalm 116:12-14

© 2020 by Mickey M. Hunacek. All rights reserved.

Unless otherwise indicated, all scripture quotations are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation, copyright © 1996, 2004, 2015 by Tyndale House Foundation. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc. Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved.

Biblical search from Blue Letter Bible - https://www.blb.org 

Follow And Like "Banquet With The King" on Facebook. 👍

Parenting Day By Day - Daily Devotional for Building Character

Available as an e-book or paperback at Amazon.com


No comments: