Thursday, June 11, 2020

Start Over


Meditate on your opportunity to start fresh.
Celebrate the Festival of Trumpets each year on the first day of the appointed month in early autumn. You must call an official day for holy assembly, and you may do no ordinary work. Numbers 29:1

I always feel like I get a fresh start at the beginning of the New Year…but that is in January. Then I get to start over again on my birthday…which just happened a couple of days ago. The Jewish community celebrates the Jewish New Year, also known as the Feast of Trumpets or Rosh Hashanah, at the beginning of their month of Tishri—our mid-September. That is yet another time to start fresh, especially since it is followed by Yom Kippur, or the Day of Atonement, where rather than repent they ask God to give them a clean slate—to begin the year with their sins wiped away. No work is allowed on that day.

I like the idea of starting over. God gives us that opportunity every day as we confess our sins to Him and He forgives us. Just as David wrote in Psalms.
Oh, what joy for those whose disobedience is forgiven, whose sin is put out of sight! Yes, what joy for those whose record the LORD has cleared of guilt, whose lives are lived in complete honesty! When I refused to confess my sin, my body wasted away, and I groaned all day long. Day and night your hand of discipline was heavy on me. My strength evaporated like water in the summer heat. Interlude Finally, I confessed all my sins to you and stopped trying to hide my guilt. I said to myself, "I will confess my rebellion to the LORD." And you forgave me! All my guilt is gone. Therefore, let all the godly pray to you while there is still time, that they may not drown in the floodwaters of judgment. Psalm 32:1-6
The record is cleared of guilt…a clean slate. Starting over fresh does give me joy. Don’t wait until a new year is starting…or even until your birthday. Start fresh today. Make things right with the Lord…and with others that you can be filled with joy…with a satisfaction that God loves you and He will forgive your sins…your mistakes…your bad attitude or even the trivial stuff you’ve been carrying around for years that just weighs you down. Let go of it. Let God care for you. Find joy in your heart…even if there doesn’t seem to be much joy in the situation our world is in today. Start fresh…and share with others the reason you find joy.

Prayer ~ Lord, You are my hiding place; you protect me from trouble. You surround me with songs of victory. You have said, "I will guide you along the best pathway for your life. I will advise you and watch over you. Do not be like a senseless horse or mule that needs a bit and bridle to keep it under control." Many sorrows come to the wicked, but unfailing love surrounds those who trust You, LORD. So I rejoice in You, LORD, and am glad, like all those who obey You! I shout for joy, along with all whose hearts are pure! From Psalm 32:7-11

Verse of Salvation ~ …there is more joy in heaven over one lost sinner who repents and returns to God than over ninety-nine others who are righteous and haven't strayed away! Luke 15:7

Repent. Return to the Lord. Rejoice - experience joy in your heart. There will be joy in heaven!

© 2020 Text, photos and paintings  by Mickey M. Hunacek. All rights reserved.
Unless otherwise indicated, all scripture quotations are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation, copyright © 1996, 2004, 2015 by Tyndale House Foundation. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc. Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved.
Biblical search from Blue Letter Bible - https://www.blb.org 
Follow And Like "Banquet With The King" on Facebook. 👍

No comments: