Monday, June 8, 2020

Keep On Asking


Meditate on God's Word for you today.
Keep on asking, and you will receive what you ask for. Keep on seeking, and you will find. Keep on knocking, and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks, receives. Everyone who seeks, finds. And to everyone who knocks, the door will be opened. Matthew 7:7-8

Don’t give up. Ask. Seek. Knock. First you need a vision of what for which you are asking. When I was walking the other day I thought about how I am content with where I am…with my life in general. Oh there are little things…but generally I don’t need a thing, except an occasional attitude adjustment and some spiritual growth. Don’t we all?! If we’re not going up, then we are sliding down. Not much plateau life. It is either up or down.

Ask for what you want or need. Jesus tells us that God will give us what we ask for in His name.
At that time you won't need to ask me for anything. I tell you the truth, you will ask the Father directly, and he will grant your request because you use my name. You haven't done this before. Ask, using my name, and you will receive, and you will have abundant joy.
John 16:23-24

David writes in Psalms that God will give us our heart’s desire. Pray and ask.
In times of trouble, may the LORD answer your cry. May the name of the God of Jacob keep you safe from all harm. May he send you help from his sanctuary and strengthen you from Jerusalem. May he remember all your gifts and look favorably on your burnt offerings. Interlude May he grant your heart's desires and make all your plans succeed. May we shout for joy when we hear of your victory and raise a victory banner in the name of our God. May the LORD answer all your prayers. Psalm 20:1-5

Seek. Keep looking—the best thing to look for is the Lord. You will find Him. Heed this warning not to reject the Lord.
And Solomon, my son, learn to know the God of your ancestors intimately. Worship and serve him with your whole heart and a willing mind. For the LORD sees every heart and knows every plan and thought. If you seek him, you will find him. But if you forsake him, he will reject you forever. 1 Chronicles 28:9


Is your the door to your heart snowy cold?
Knock. Who is knocking at the door of your heart? It is Jesus. Would you like to share a meal…a banquet with Him? At this time of isolation…what more could we want than to share a meal with a friend?
Look! I stand at the door and knock. If you hear my voice and open the door, I will come in, and we will share a meal together as friends. Revelation 3:20
Are you seeking the Lord with all your heart, soul, mind and strength, asking Him to be the Lord of your life, and answering the knock at the door of your heart? Can you ask Him in...and keep on asking?

Prayer ~ LORD, we show our trust in you by obeying your laws; our heart's desire is to glorify your name. Isaiah 26:8

Verses of Salvation ~ But may all who search for you be filled with joy and gladness in you. May those who love your salvation repeatedly shout, "The LORD is great!" As for me, since I am poor and needy, let the Lord keep me in his thoughts. You are my helper and my savior. O my God, do not delay. Psalm 40:16-17

© 2020 Text, photos and paintings  by Mickey M. Hunacek. All rights reserved.
Unless otherwise indicated, all scripture quotations are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation, copyright © 1996, 2004, 2015 by Tyndale House Foundation. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc. Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved.
Biblical search from Blue Letter Bible - https://www.blb.org 
Follow And Like "Banquet With The King" on Facebook. 👍

No comments: