Tuesday, June 30, 2020

Praise God


Meditate. Praise God…for all His blessings…on this last day of June.
Praise God, who did not ignore my prayer or withdraw his unfailing love from me. Psalm 66:20

I’m just praising the Lord for a wonderful long weekend that we just spent camping and kayaking! What a great get away! God did not ignore my prayer—we had a safe trip and terrific, restful time in the mountains. Green is such a restful color. God knew what He was doing when He created green...and all the colors of the rainbow!

While in the great outdoors we saw amazing wildlife, including two beaver; two, croaking, gray heron flying right overhead; lots of geese and ducks; lots of squirrels, a deer and a turtle! We had an incredible thunder storm that included pea-sized hail and torrents of rain. When we got home, we were almost done unpacking our camper and a rainstorm hit our area that provided a beautiful double rainbow. That showed me again God's unfailing love and a reminder of His promise. God so loved the world—all generations—that He gave a promise to Noah…
Then God said, "I am giving you a sign of my covenant with you and with all living creatures, for all generations to come. I have placed my rainbow in the clouds. It is the sign of my covenant with you and with all the earth. When I send clouds over the earth, the rainbow will appear in the clouds, and I will remember my covenant with you and with all living creatures. Never again will the floodwaters destroy all life. When I see the rainbow in the clouds, I will remember the eternal covenant between God and every living creature on earth." Then God said to Noah, "Yes, this rainbow is the sign of the covenant I am confirming with all the creatures on earth." Genesis 9:12-17
The rainbow is a physical…or at least visual…affirmation of God’s love. His unfailing love. What a great way to end a perfect weekend. Even the smell of the rain was refreshing. Another blessing.
Praise God, from Whom all blessings flow;
Praise Him, all creatures here below;
Praise Him above, ye heavenly host;
Praise Father, Son, and Holy Ghost. Amen.       
The Doxology, written in 1674 by Thomas Ken.
Do you see God working in your life, not ignoring your prayers or taking away His unfailing love?

Prayer ~ Lord, open my eyes that I may continue to see You working in my life. Thank you for answering my prayers—even when it is a “No…or not now.” I am trusting You to not ignore my prayers. As we look up…waiting for Jesus’ return…thanks for the reminder of the promise of the rainbow, Your unconditional love and Your plan of salvation. May today be the day of salvation for someone reading this right now. Please, help us reach the lost with You while there is still time.

Verse of Salvation ~ For the Lord himself will come down from heaven with a commanding shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trumpet call of God. First, the Christians who have died will rise from their graves. Then, together with them, we who are still alive and remain on the earth will be caught up in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. Then we will be with the Lord forever. So encourage each other with these words. 1 Thessalonians 4:16-18

Are you ready for the Lord’s return? Decide today if / that you will follow Christ as your Savior. Don’t wait…make your decision to believe in Jesus…in God… today. Life is short…we don’t know when our time will be up…or when the Lord will return for His church.

© 2020 Text and photo by Mickey M. Hunacek. All rights reserved.
Unless otherwise indicated, all scripture quotations are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation, copyright © 1996, 2004, 2015 by Tyndale House Foundation. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc. Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved.
Biblical search from Blue Letter Bible - https://www.blb.org 
Follow And Like "Banquet With The King" on Facebook. 👍

Parenting Day By Day - Daily Devotional for Building Character book available at Amazon.com

No comments: