Wednesday, June 24, 2020

Joyous Anniversary, My Hunny


Meditate—think on these things.
For the Christian wife brings holiness to her marriage, and the Christian husband brings holiness to his marriage. Otherwise, your children would not be holy, but now they are holy. 
1 Corinthians 7:14  

Warden Community Church
My home church growing up...and where I was married.
Forty-eight years ago today I walked down the aisle at my home church with a handful of friends and family attending to see me marry this man that was the love of my life. Little did I realize that he was indeed the chosen one. The one God chose for me…and we have lived happily ever after. Well, mostly happily. My melancholy personality is often difficult to get along with, but Jerry has been a great encouragement to me…and I have done the same for him. In forty-eight years we each received a Master’s Degree, visited all 50 states, have raised two wonderful children and now have seven terrific grandchildren.  We still live together! We are blessed. We follow Jesus' command to love God and to love one another. We will keep on doing this…until death do us part. We keep our promises to each other…and to God.

Paul writes some interesting advice to the church at Corinth. He is talking about the same thing that many in our day are continually talking about: For this world as we know it will soon pass away. We would be wise to heed their advice…because Jesus gave His followers a similar warning…Be Ready.
But let me say this, dear brothers and sisters: The time that remains is very short. So from now on, those with wives should not focus only on their marriage. Those who weep or who rejoice or who buy things should not be absorbed by their weeping or their joy or their possessions. Those who use the things of the world should not become attached to them. For this world as we know it will soon pass away. 1 Corinthians 7:29-31
You also must be ready all the time, for the Son of Man will come when least expected.
Luke 12:40  

Are you ready? Or are you hiding your head in the sand…or glued to your TV watching Netflix and YouTube continually?

Prayer ~ Thank You Lord God for my dear husband…and for the time You have given us together. Continue to guide our hearts, souls and minds that all we think, say, and do would be pleasing to You and a good example to our family and friends. May we be ready at all times…to give an account of the joy we have in You.

Verse of Salvation ~ I am overwhelmed with joy in the LORD my God! For he has dressed me with the clothing of salvation and draped me in a robe of righteousness. I am like a bridegroom in his wedding suit or a bride with her jewels. Isaiah 61:10

© 2020 Text and drawing by Mickey M. Hunacek. All rights reserved.
Unless otherwise indicated, all scripture quotations are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation, copyright © 1996, 2004, 2015 by Tyndale House Foundation. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc. Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved.
Biblical search from Blue Letter Bible - https://www.blb.org 
Follow And Like "Banquet With The King" on Facebook. 👍
. 
Parenting Day By Day - Daily Devotional for Building Character book available at Amazon.com

No comments: