Saturday, June 13, 2020

If is a Big Word…


Focus your energy on God’s words. Meditate. 
Then if my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

IF. If the people of this nation…God’s people will humble themselves and pray. If, then God will hear them. Prayers of the righteous ones are heard by our almighty God.
The LORD is far from the wicked, but he hears the prayers of the righteous.
Proverbs 15:29
Praying is essential. Humbly praying. A self-righteous prayer like the Pharisee that Jesus described in His parable of the Pharisee and the Tax Collector.
"Two men went to the Temple to pray. One was a Pharisee, and the other was a despised tax collector. The Pharisee stood by himself and prayed this prayer: 'I thank you, God, that I am not a sinner like everyone else. For I don't cheat, I don't sin, and I don't commit adultery. I'm certainly not like that tax collector! I fast twice a week, and I give you a tenth of my income.' But the tax collector stood at a distance and dared not even lift his eyes to heaven as he prayed. Instead, he beat his chest in sorrow, saying, 'O God, be merciful to me, for I am a sinner.' I tell you, this sinner, not the Pharisee, returned home justified before God. For those who exalt themselves will be humbled, and those who humble themselves will be exalted." Luke 18:10-14

Can you humble yourself? At a time like this we all need to humble ourselves before God, seek His face and turn from our wicked ways. He has promised that He will hear our prayers, forgive our sins and restore our land. We can count on God to keep His promises, but is the restoration of our land His promise?


An Angel of the Lord spoke to Daniel.
Will He speak to you?
Will you humble yourself and pray?
Prayer ~ Lord, as Daniel was told by an angel when he saw a vision… Don't be afraid. Since the first day you began to pray for understanding and to humble yourself before your God, your request has been heard in heaven. I have come in answer to your prayer. From Daniel 10:12. Lord, hear my humble prayer…and the prayers all across the United States and around the world. Give us understanding, forgive our wicked ways. Restore us spiritually to Your kingdom and Your ways. Allow our nation to be renewed and to find a new normal in which we can worship You openly and freely.

Verse of Salvation ~ "But this is the new covenant I will make with the people of Israel on that day," says the LORD. "I will put my instructions deep within them, and I will write them on their hearts. I will be their God, and they will be my people. And they will not need to teach their neighbors, nor will they need to teach their relatives, saying, 'You should know the LORD.' For everyone, from the least to the greatest, will know me already," says the LORD. "And I will forgive their wickedness, and I will never again remember their sins." Jeremiah 31:33-34 NLT

Are you teaching your family and friends about Jesus? Knowing that God will forgive their sins, are they seeking forgiveness?

© 2020 Text, photos and paintings  by Mickey M. Hunacek. All rights reserved.
Unless otherwise indicated, all scripture quotations are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation, copyright © 1996, 2004, 2015 by Tyndale House Foundation. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc. Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved.
Biblical search from Blue Letter Bible - https://www.blb.org 
Follow And Like "Banquet With The King" on Facebook. 👍

No comments: