Friday, February 21, 2020

What is the Way to Heaven?


Meditate on these verses today.

12My question: What are God-worshipers like?
Your answer: Arrows aimed at God’s bull’s-eye.
13 They settle down in a promising place;
Their kids inherit a prosperous farm.
14 God-friendship is for God-worshipers;
They are the ones he confides in.
15 If I keep my eyes on God,
I won’t trip over my own feet.
16 Look at me and help me!
I’m all alone and in big trouble.
17 My heart and kidneys are fighting each other;
Call a truce to this civil war.
18 Take a hard look at my life of hard labor,
Then lift this ton of sin.
19 Do you see how many people
Have it in for me?
How viciously they hate me?
20 Keep watch over me and keep me out of trouble;
Don’t let me down when I run to you.
21 Use all your skill to put me together;
I wait to see your finished product.
22 God, give your people a break
From this run of bad luck.
Psalm 25:12-22 The Message

The ninth leading cause of death in the United States is kidney disease. Most of the references to “kidneys” in Exodus and Leviticus of the Bible refer to the animal sacrifices that God required of Moses and the early Israelites.
Take all the fat around the internal organs, the long lobe of the liver, and the two kidneys and the fat around them, and burn it all on the altar. Exodus 29:13
Kidney disease is not related to sacrifices. Those animals had to be pure. Unlike the sacrificial animals humans with kidney disease do not have pure kidneys. That is what kidney disease is all about. Disease. Failing kidneys. The kidneys are so crucial to human body function that without them people die. In July 2019 there were almost 120,000 people on a waiting list for kidney transplant. In 2018 there were 21,167 people who received a kidney transplant. Comparatively, that is a lot of people who did not receive a transplant and possibly died from kidney disease. Treatment including dialysis can prolong a kidney patient’s life…but once again death is inevitable…if not from heart disease or diabetes, then another killer, kidney disease.

The LORD will strike you with wasting diseases, fever, and inflammation, with scorching heat and drought, and with blight and mildew. These disasters will pursue you until you die. - Deuteronomy 28:22
Yes. These diseases…these disasters…will keep on following you until you die.

The thing to remember is that when you die you have a wonderful place to go…heaven. The only way to get there is by knowing Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord.
Jesus told him (Thomas…and the other disciples), "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one can come to the Father except through me." John 14:6
The Father is in Heaven. Do you want to go see Him someday?

Prayer ~ Heavenly Father, I have heard the law that says, 'Love your neighbor' and hate your enemy. But You  say, love your enemies! We pray for those who are persecuted! In that way, we will be acting as true children of You, our heavenly Father. For You give Your sunlight to both the evil and the good, and You send rain on the just and the unjust alike. Matthew 5:43-45.

Friday’s Feast at the King’s Table
Years ago we had a warm slice of Chocolate Mayonnaise Cake at Jerry’s Aunt Helene’s house. It was wonderfully moist—even with no oil or eggs. That’s in the mayo. She gave me her recipe. It is a great comfort food. Heavenly.

Chocolate Mayonnaise Cake
2 c flour
1 c sugar
4 Tbsp Cocoa powder
1tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 c mayonnaise
1 c cold water
1 tsp vanilla

Sift dry ingredients together. Add mayo, water and vanilla.
Beat two minutes. Bake in 2 nine-inch pans at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes.
This can also be baked as 30 cupcakes for 20-22 minutes.

Frost if you like, top with fresh whipped cream or just enjoy with a scoop of ice cream on the warm cake.

© 2020 Text and photos by Mickey M. Hunacek. All rights reserved.
Unless otherwise indicated, all scripture quotations are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation, copyright © 1996, 2004, 2015 by Tyndale House Foundation. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc. Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved.
The Message (MSG) Copyright © 1993, 2002, 2018 by Eugene H. Peterson. Used by permission of NavPress Publishing Group.
Biblical search from Blue Letter Bible - https://www.blb.org 
Follow And Like "Banquet With The King" on Facebook. 👍

No comments: