Tuesday, February 25, 2020

Are You Afraid of Something? Death?


Fear of the LORD is a life-giving fountain; it offers escape from the snares of death.
Proverbs 14:27

Choose life...not death?
After looking at the ten most prevalent causes of death in the United States how do feel about death and dying? Death is not “preventable” but taking care of ourselves could extend our lives, momentarily offering us an escape from the snares of death. Thus we can care for ourselves in ways that allow us to live longer...and more meaningful lives. Living such lives could bring glory and honor to the Lord...if that is our focus or our ambition or purpose in life. What is the point of life if there is no meaningful purpose? Is your purpose in life to see how many ballgames you can attend...or how many TV shows you can binge watch?  Ha! Sometimes I feel like my friends are TV characters...and I am so addicted that I can hardly wait to see what is happening in their life today. Ugh! God doesn’t want us to be obsessed with TV shows. Am I creating a “god” in my life by being obsessed with TV or ballgames? Will that be the death of me...or part of my soul? Are you “afraid to die” or afraid to live a real life? 
     
Prayer ~ Lord, Thank You for Your encouraging words. The instruction of the wise is like a life-giving fountain; those who accept it avoid the snares of death. Proverbs 13:14. I want to be wise…and I accept Your teachings and the wisdom Your words provide.

© 2020 Text and painting by Mickey M. Hunacek. All rights reserved.
Unless otherwise indicated, all scripture quotations are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation, copyright © 1996, 2004, 2015 by Tyndale House Foundation. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc. Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved.
Biblical search from Blue Letter Bible - https://www.blb.org 
Follow And Like "Banquet With The King" on Facebook. 👍

No comments: