Wednesday, February 5, 2020

How is Your Heart?


Meditate on these verses that Jeremiah spoke in prophesy to the people in Jerusalem. Consider the physical and spiritual aspects of your own heart…and the hearts of those around you.

Your own actions have brought this upon you. This punishment is bitter, piercing you to the heart!" My heart, my heart--I writhe in pain! My heart pounds within me! I cannot be still. For I have heard the blast of enemy trumpets and the roar of their battle cries. Jeremiah 4:18-19

The number one killer in the United States is death from Heart Disease. People writhing in pain with their heart pounding…and then stopping.  Physical death. What is causing this trauma within people’s hearts? Poor diet, lack of exercise, stress, or lack of love? Whatever the cause it is a real killer. I took some prescribed medication last winter for bronchitis and ended up with a few months of racing heart issues. Heart disease is real and because the heart is continually pumping blood throughout the body other health issues can rapidly develop when the heart or blood vessels are compromised. Have you ever visited an Emergency Room when someone was admitted with a heart attack? Have you ever watched some of the medical TV shows where people have heart attacks or heart surgery? Traumatic events. Stay healthy…or get healthy. Physically and spiritually.

The children of Israel gave God such a hard time. Isaiah acknowledged their rebellion against God at the beginning of his book.
Even an ox knows its owner, and a donkey recognizes its master's care--but Israel doesn't know its master. My people don't recognize my care for them. Oh, what a sinful nation they are--loaded down with a burden of guilt. They are evil people, corrupt children who have rejected the LORD. They have despised the Holy One of Israel and turned their backs on him. Why do you continue to invite punishment? Must you rebel forever? Your head is injured, and your heart is sick. Isaiah 1:3-5
Their hearts are sick because of their rebellion—their lack of love and respect for God. How is your relationship with the Lord? How is your heart?

Where can we get encouragement and strength—spiritual strength for our hearts?
My health may fail, and my spirit may grow weak, but God remains the strength of my heart; he is mine forever. Psalm 73:26

A cheerful look brings joy to the heart; good news makes for good health. Proverbs 15:30

Wherever your treasure is, there the desires of your heart will also be. Matthew 6:21  
Rely on the Lord for His strength. Trust Him with your life.
Never let loyalty and kindness leave you! Tie them around your neck as a reminder. Write them deep within your heart. Then you will find favor with both God and people, and you will earn a good reputation. Trust in the LORD with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding. Seek his will in all you do, and he will show you which path to take.
Proverbs 3:3-6

Prayer request as seen in Jerusalem.
Prayer ~Lord…just as You taught: I love You, LORD my God, with all my heart, all my soul, and all my strength. Deuteronomy 6:5. Teach me your ways, O LORD, that I may live according to your truth! Grant me purity of heart, so that I may honor you. Psalm 86:11 I get my spiritual strength from You and Your love does my heart good. Please be merciful to Your chosen people, Israel. give them wisdom and understanding that they would seek You...and see You, Jesus, as their Messiah. Give them peace in their hearts--as only You can.

© 2020 by Mickey M. Hunacek. All rights reserved.
Unless otherwise indicated, all scripture quotations are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation, copyright © 1996, 2004, 2015 by Tyndale House Foundation. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc. Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved.
Biblical search from Blue Letter Bible - https://www.blb.org 
Follow And Like "Banquet With The King" on Facebook. 👍

No comments: