Saturday, July 5, 2014

July 6 - A Rooster Crowed

Then Annas bound Jesus and sent him to Caiaphas, the high priest. Meanwhile, as Simon Peter was standing by the fire warming himself, they asked him again, "You're not one of his disciples, are you?" He denied it, saying, "No, I am not." But one of the household slaves of the high priest, a relative of the man whose ear Peter had cut off, asked, "Didn't I see you out there in the olive grove with Jesus?" Again Peter denied it. And immediately a rooster crowed. John 18:24-27 NLT
 
Have you ever heard a rooster crow? Most towns and cities don't allow rooster to be raised or grown in the city limits. They are just too noisy and annoying. Maybe Jesus was thinking of that annoying quality when He predicated that Peter would deny Him three times before the rooster crowed--before the sun rose.  (Matthew 26:34, John 13:38).  Have you ever denied Jesus--just didn't stand up for Him or your Christian values? I have by just going along with the crowd--especially in college--but more recently on issues like same gender marriage or relationship. They just want to be happy--don't we all. Are we more "holy" because we are man & wife in a relationship designed by God? The Bible tells us we all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God...Romans 3:23. My sins are no less offensive in God's eye, so I can't judge others. I rationalize that I don't choose to go on sinning--but do I? I think the same thoughts over again sometimes that I just wanted to give up. Ugh. I am not any holier than anyone else. Only Jesus is pure and sinless. I do not want to deny Him--or what He has done for us all. He carried our sin to the cross--and we are forgiven when we repent. Repent. Jesus taught that in Matthew 4:17, Mark 1:15, and Luke 13:3. Repent--don't turn back. Luke 9:62.

RSVP: Jesus is still calling us today to turn aside from our sinful ways. Repent. How will you respond to Him today?
 
Prayer ~ Jesus, guide my thoughts, words and actions that I would think, say and do things that are pleasing to You. Help me to stand up for You boldly and guide others to You that they, too, would choose You as their Lord and Savior. I thank you and praise You for leading a sinless life and taking my sin to the cross that one day I will be able to stand before You and our Heavenly Father sinless, pure and holy--acceptable to be received into Heaven. What a glorious day that will be.  Blessings on all who pray with me today. 
 
© 2014 by Mickey M. Hunacek. All rights reserved.
All scripture quoted from the New American Standard Bible (NASB) unless otherwise noted.

No comments: