Sunday, February 2, 2014

Stop Sinning?

Afterward Jesus found him in the temple and said to him, "Behold, you have become well; do not sin anymore, so that nothing worse happens to you." John 5:14 NASB
But afterward Jesus found him in the Temple and told him, "Now you are well; so stop sinning, or something even worse may happen to you." John 5:14 NLT

Jesus was talking to the man that He had healed at the Pool of Bethesda. He sought out the man and told him not to sin anymore. Was He inferring that the man's sin had made him sick...for thirty-eight years? Does our sin make us sick? Some people believe that--and it is likely that unforgiven sin can result in bitterness and cause tension in the body and thus result in illness. In the verse above Jesus said...stop sinning, or something even worse may happen to you. Is that motivating to you?  I think that I can't stop sinning without Jesus' help. I can do all things through Him who strengthens me. Philippians 4:13 

RSVP: Jesus is telling us, just like the man by the pool, to stop sinning. How will you respond to Jesus today?

Prayer~ Lord Jesus, please forgive me for my sin, as well as those of my children and my grandchildren, other family and friends. We trust You to take away our sins and to give us peace, joy and love in our lives on a daily basis...not just when we desperately seek You.

© 2014 by Mickey M. Hunacek. All rights reserved.
All scripture quoted from the New American Standard Bible (NASB) unless otherwise noted.

No comments: