Saturday, February 8, 2014

Living in His Will

I can do nothing on My own initiative. As I hear, I judge; and My judgment is just, because I do not seek My own will, but the will of Him who sent Me. If I alone testify about Myself, My testimony is not true. There is another who testifies of Me, and I know that the testimony which He gives about Me is true. John 5:30-32

Jesus admits He can do nothing on His own initiative...very human. That's the way I feel, too. But I have an advantage...I can do all things through Him (Jesus Christ) who strengthens me. Philippians 4:13. All believers in Jesus have that advantage...we just have to ask for His help and strength.

Additionally this verse for today above tells us that Jesus humbly doesn't seek His own will...unlike most of us humans who just want to do what they want...to fulfill their own goals, dreams and desires. He had His Father's goals, dreams, and desires in mind with His every thought, word and action. Can we choose to do the same?

RSVP: Jesus is inviting us today to seek His Father's will for our lives. How will you respond to His invitation?

Prayer~ Lord Jesus, show us Your Father's will for our lives. Help us to live to please Him and to honor You.

© 2014 by Mickey M. Hunacek. All rights reserved.
All scripture quoted from the New American Standard Bible (NASB) unless otherwise noted.

No comments: