Monday, February 10, 2014

Do Not Ignore Jesus

I do not receive glory from men; but I know you, that you do not have the love of God in yourselves. I have come in My Father's name, and you do not receive Me; if another comes in his own name, you will receive him. How can you believe, when you receive glory from one another and you do not seek the glory that is from the one and only God? John 5:41-44
I’m not interested in crowd approval. And do you know why? Because I know you and your crowds. I know that love, especially God’s love, is not on your working agenda. I came with the authority of my Father, and you either dismiss me or avoid me. If another came, acting self-important, you would welcome him with open arms. How do you expect to get anywhere with God when you spend all your time jockeying for position with each other, ranking your rivals and ignoring God? John 5:41-44 The Message

Don't be like the Pharisees to whom Jesus was speaking. Jesus said that they either "dismiss me or avoid me". Do you ever avoid interacting with Jesus? I think that when we put other things or people ahead of Jesus...we are avoiding Him. Jesus told us in Matthew 6:33...But seek first His kingdom and His righteousness, and all these things will be added to you. Of course in that passage He was talking about God providing food and clothes and everything we need if we seek His kingdom first--that we should pretty much focus our attention on Him and the way He wants us to live. Can we do that?

RSVP: Jesus is inviting us to focus our lives on Him...not on crowd approval...not giving in to peer pressure. He wants us to focus on Him...to seek Him first. How will you respond to His invitation today?

Prayer~ Lord Jesus, thank you for bringing to my attention the importance of not ignoring You. Help me, my children, and grandchildren to focus our attention on You today...and every day. You are worthy of our attention.

For Patsy Jeske - My heartfelt condolences go out to my cousin Patsy on the passing of her brother, David Jeske. David was injured in an auto accident over 44 years ago and spent the rest of his life like a seven year old. You've been courageous in your care for him...may God now fill you with His love as you find a new normal in your life without David. Love and Blessings.

© 2014 by Mickey M. Hunacek. All rights reserved.
All scripture quoted from the New American Standard Bible (NASB) unless otherwise noted.

No comments: