Thursday, February 13, 2014

Alone Again

So Jesus, perceiving that they were intending to come and take Him by force to make Him king, withdrew again to the mountain by Himself alone. John 6:15

Alone. Jesus felt the need to be alone. He liked to spend time just focusing on God the Father, to hear what He had to say--to get direction. But Jesus Himself would often slip away to the wilderness and pray. Luke 5:16. He would slip away. Once He became so well known this must have been more difficult to do. It was by choice--specific determination that Jesus took time to pray--to meet alone with the Heavenly Father. That is our choice also...to meet--or not to meet--with the Heavenly Father and Jesus, the Son, every day--or as often as we choose.

RSVP: Jesus is inviting us to meet with Him...and with His Father, our Heavenly Father. How will you respond to Him today?

Prayer~ Lord Jesus, like You, I want to spend time alone with God. Sometimes what I want just doesn't happen since I allow other people or things to control my time. Help me to consider my options, moment by moment...that I would choose to serve You and to seek guidance from You. Alone.

© 2014 by Mickey M. Hunacek. All rights reserved.
All scripture quoted from the New American Standard Bible (NASB) unless otherwise noted.

No comments: