Thursday, July 28, 2022

Don’t Let My Hope Be Crushed

Prayer – Lord, You are my refuge—my hiding place. I want to obey You because You give me hope—daily and eternally. Don’t let my hope be crushed. Keep me going and protect me.

You are my refuge and my shield; your word is my source of hope. Get out of my life, you evil-minded people, for I intend to obey the commands of my God. LORD, sustain me as you promised, that I may live! Do not let my hope be crushed. Sustain me, and I will be rescued; then I will meditate continually on your decrees. Psalm 119:114–117

 

Meditate. Consider the hope that God provides.

 

David was so often feeling crushed by his enemies. But his love of the Lord prevailed…and as  he said…I intend to obey the commands of my God. His obedience to God is what made God realize that David was a man after God’s own heart. He was such a good example for all those of us who have lived after him. This Psalm that David wrote begins by declaring that those who are obedient to the Lord are blessed…joyful.

Joyful are people of integrity, who follow the instructions of the LORD. Joyful are those who obey his laws and search for him with all their hearts. They do not compromise with evil, and they walk only in his paths. Psalm 119:1–3

Joyfully obedient. What more could God expect, or could we give? David’s promise is to be obedient to God’s commands and his plea is that his hope in the Lord would not be suppressed or devastated by his enemies. He is asking for God's blessing. Likewise, certainly don’t want our hopes to be crushed.

 

Garden of Gethsemane where Jesus prayed
Near Jerusalem, Israel

Verses of Salvation ~ While Jesus was here on earth, he offered prayers and pleadings, with a loud cry and tears, to the one who could rescue him from death. And God heard his prayers because of his deep reverence for God. Even though Jesus was God's Son, he learned obedience from the things he suffered. In this way, God qualified him as a perfect High Priest, and he became the source of eternal salvation for all those who obey him. Hebrews 5:7–9

 

Memory Verse of the Week ~ Every word of God proves true. He is a shield to all who come to him for protection. Proverbs 30:5   





© 2022 Text, photos, and illustrations by Mickey M. Hunacek. All rights reserved. 

All scripture quoted from the New Living Translation (NLT) unless otherwise noted. 

New Living Translation copyright © 1996, 2004, 2007 by Tyndale House Foundation. 

Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved.

Biblical search from Blue Letter Bible - http://v3.blueletterbible.org/search.cfm

 

Books by Mickey M. Hunacek

Available as e-books or paperbacks at Amazon.com

 

Parenting Day By Day - Daily Devotional for Building Character

Coins in the Bible: New Testament Stories

No comments: