Friday, October 15, 2021

Pray and Look for God

Meditate.

For I know the plans I have for you," says the LORD. "They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope. In those days when you pray, I will listen. If you look for me wholeheartedly, you will find me. I will be found by you," says the LORD. "I will end your captivity and restore your fortunes. I will gather you out of the nations where I sent you and will bring you home again to your own land." Jeremiah 29:11-14 (Underlined for emphasis.) 

Pray and look for God. You will find Him. It is essential that you do this immediately. Time is always growing shorter. No matter if you die naturally, from COVID, in some bizarre accident, or whatever—even rapture—we won’t live here on earth forever. As our time is short, we need to make the most of it.

Just as Jeremiah wrote for the Lord, “when you pray” not if you pray, but when you pray. God expects his followers to pray. But the statement “I will listen” is a wonderful promise from the Lord. When you are praying you can be seeking the Lord. His next promise is so hopeful and encouraging…“I will be found by you.” His next promise was for the Israelites…but it might speak to those who have wandered away from their relationship to the Lord. The Lord promises…“I will end your captivity and restore your fortunes…gather you…and bring you home.…” Considering the promise at the beginning of this well- known scripture passage… “I know the plans I have for you…for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope...” the Lord reassuring those who seek Him.

Where is the best place to look for the Lord? On TV or the internet? In church? In school? At the public library? At your friend’s or parents’ home? Wherever you can find a Bible, you can find the Lord. It is best for you to read and search the scripture for yourself—don’t just have someone interpret it for you, although it is helpful to discuss what you’re reading and studying with others. When God tells you that you will find Him, you have to really look for Him. Pray for God to reveal Himself to you. Then read a passage of scripture…and keep reading until the Lord shows you something that really speaks to your heart, your life, your situation or a problem that you are having. God is a promise keeper just as David tells us in this Psalm below. You can count on God to guarantee what He says He will do.

But joyful are those who have the God of Israel as their helper, whose hope is in the LORD their God. He made heaven and earth, the sea, and everything in them. He keeps every promise forever. Psalm 146:5-6

If you are new to reading the Bible, you may be wondering where to start, after all there are sixty-six books in the Bible. May I suggest that you start with the New Testament Gospels: Matthew, Mark, Luke and John. In the Old Testament, try reading a Psalm or a chapter of Proverbs every day. No matter where you read, you will be blessed. Ask the Lord to show you a new truth that you can apply to your life. This will be a life-changing experience that will build your relationship with the Lord.

Prayer ~ Lord God, I am looking for You—so please reveal Yourself to me through Your scripture in ways that I can know that You are speaking to me and guiding my life. I want to live to please You in all that I think, say and do.

Verse of Salvation ~ Let all the world look to me for salvation! For I am God; there is no other. I have sworn by my own name; I have spoken the truth, and I will never go back on my word: Every knee will bend to me, and every tongue will confess allegiance to me." Isaiah 45:22-23                                                                                                 

Friday’s Feasting at the King’s Table
It is that time of the year when with high weeds, pollen, and molds blowing around so it is common to get all congested. Here’s a great mucus elixir that will help clear your throat. Use it first thing in the morning.

Mucus Elixir
1 cup warm water
½ lemon – juiced
1 tsp honey
1 Tbsp virgin olive oil
¼ tsp ground cinnamon

Mix honey and cinnamon in water. Add lemon juice and olive oil. Drink first thing in the morning on an empty stomach.

© 2021 Text, photos and illustrations by Mickey M. Hunacek. All rights reserved.
All scripture quoted from the New Living Translation (NLT) unless otherwise noted.
New Living Translation copyright © 1996, 2004, 2007 by Tyndale House Foundation.
Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved.
Biblical search from Blue Letter Bible - http://v3.blueletterbible.org/search.cfm.
Parenting Day By Day - Daily Devotional for Building Character

Available as an e-book or paperback at Amazon.com

No comments: