Thursday, October 28, 2021

Plan A – Plan B

Meditate. Think about the choices you have.

Jesus shouted to the crowds, "If you trust me, you are trusting not only me, but also God who sent me. For when you see me, you are seeing the one who sent me. I have come as a light to shine in this dark world, so that all who put their trust in me will no longer remain in the dark. I will not judge those who hear me but don't obey me, for I have come to save the world and not to judge it. But all who reject me and my message will be judged on the day of judgment by the truth I have spoken. John 12:44-48

Do you choose Plan A or Plan B?

Plan A – Accept Jesus Christ as your personal Savior. Trust Him and wait patiently for His return.

Plan B – Reject Jesus Christ…or just consider that your loyalty to Him can wait—that you don’t have to change your attitude to seek God first in your life. That decision, or lack of one, could result in you not being ready when Jesus Christ calls His believers and gathers them up to Heaven—in what is commonly referred to as the Rapture. Of course, you can choose to believe in Christ as the true Messiah, and your personal Savior, after the Rapture. You’ll have another chance, but there is going to be a time of great tribulation that won’t be pleasant to live through.

Totally rejecting Christ as your Savior will ultimately mean that your name will not be written in the Book of Life and you will be thrown into the Lake of Fire at the end of time.

I saw the dead, both great and small, standing before God's throne. And the books were opened, including the Book of Life. And the dead were judged according to what they had done, as recorded in the books. The sea gave up its dead, and death and the grave gave up their dead. And all were judged according to their deeds. Then death and the grave were thrown into the lake of fire. This lake of fire is the second death. And anyone whose name was not found recorded in the Book of Life was thrown into the lake of fire. Revelation 20:12-15

If you choose Christ now, chances are you won’t have to go through the time of tribulation. Oh sure, there will be trials and hardships even now. Jesus didn’t promise that by accepting Him as our Savior that life would be smooth sailing. Even if He had promised that it would be like a rose garden, remember that there are thorns on the roses…and weeds that grow around them that must be removed. He wants us to be like Him and seek to do the Father’s will.

So then, since Christ suffered physical pain, you must arm yourselves with the same attitude he had, and be ready to suffer, too. For if you have suffered physically for Christ, you have finished with sin. You won't spend the rest of your lives chasing your own desires, but you will be anxious to do the will of God. 1 Peter 4:1-2

Can you possibly be anxious to do God’s will—to serve others rather than yourself? Being anxious these days usually has to do with the anxiety of the COVID situation. Lots of people can’t deal with the isolation and even with wearing a mask when they are around other people. Masks can be so confining, smelly, and certainly don’t allow for good conversation. Yell a little bit louder-hey!? Trust Jesus to hear you with or without a mask.

What is your Plan A? Are you going to choose Plan B? There are only two choices…A or B.

Prayer ~ Search me, O God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts. Point out anything in me that offends you, and lead me along the path of everlasting life. Psalm 139:23-24

Verses of Salvation ~ (Spoken by Jesus.) I don't speak on my own authority. The Father who sent me has commanded me what to say and how to say it. And I know his commands lead to eternal life; so I say whatever the Father tells me to say. John 12:49-50

© 2021 Text, photos and illustrations by Mickey M. Hunacek. All rights reserved.
All scripture quoted from the New Living Translation (NLT) unless otherwise noted.
New Living Translation copyright © 1996, 2004, 2007 by Tyndale House Foundation.
Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved.
Biblical search from Blue Letter Bible - http://v3.blueletterbible.org/search.cfm.

Parenting Day By Day - Daily Devotional for Building Character

Available as an e-book or paperback at Amazon.com

No comments: