Saturday, October 3, 2020

People of Israel – Choose Wisely

 Meditate.

"I sent plagues on you like the plagues I sent on Egypt long ago. I killed your young men in war and led all your horses away. The stench of death filled the air! But still you would not return to me," says the LORD. "I destroyed some of your cities, as I destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah. Those of you who survived were like charred sticks pulled from a fire. But still you would not return to me," says the LORD. "Therefore, I will bring upon you all the disasters I have announced. Prepare to meet your God in judgment, you people of Israel!" For the LORD is the one who shaped the mountains, stirs up the winds, and reveals his thoughts to mankind. He turns the light of dawn into darkness and treads on the heights of the earth. The LORD God of Heaven's Armies is his name! Amos 4:10-13  

He turns the light of dawn
into darkness....
He turns the light of dawn into darkness.... Prepare to meet your God in judgment, you people of Israel! You have been warned. The people of Israel…who are not believers…need to be prepared to face God in judgment. God has given His chosen people so many chances to change, to repent, to come to Him. To believe.  But still you would not return to me," says the LORD. Obedience seems like such a simple thing to expect. God expects no less of everyone. Jesus said that obeying His commandments shows love for Him and we can consider that showing love for the Heavenly Father, too.

When you obey my commandments, you remain in my love, just as I obey my Father's commandments and remain in his love. John 15:10

For the Israelites…and for us…obedience can be a challenge, but we have a choice. Choose wisely. Where you spend eternity will depend on it 

Prayer ~ Lord God, I choose You. Forgive me for my sins. Thank You, Jesus, for covering my sin with Your blood on the cross. 

Verses of Salvation ~ But God showed his great love for us by sending Christ to die for us while we were still sinners. And since we have been made right in God's sight by the blood of Christ, he will certainly save us from God's condemnation. For since our friendship with God was restored by the death of his Son while we were still his enemies, we will certainly be saved through the life of his Son. So now we can rejoice in our wonderful new relationship with God because our Lord Jesus Christ has made us friends of God. Romans 5:8-11

Happy Okinawa B-day—Lisachan!

© 2020 by Mickey M. Hunacek. All rights reserved.

Unless otherwise indicated, all scripture quotations are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation, copyright © 1996, 2004, 2015 by Tyndale House Foundation. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc. Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved.

Biblical search from Blue Letter Bible - https://www.blb.org 

Follow And Like "Banquet With The King" on Facebook. 👍


Parenting Day By Day - Daily Devotional for Building Character

Available as an e-book or paperback at Amazon.com

No comments: