Thursday, October 8, 2020

Judgment Will Come

Meditate.

And when he (the Holy Spirit) comes, he will convict the world of its sin, and of God's righteousness, and of the coming judgment. The world's sin is that it refuses to believe in me. Righteousness is available because I go to the Father, and you will see me no more. Judgment will come because the ruler of this world has already been judged. John 16:8-11

Jesus sent the Holy Spirit to minister to His believers just as He said He would. The Holy Spirit is God within us. There are almost 300 verses about the Holy Spirit in the Bible. Often found in familiar scriptures with essential teaching.

(Jesus speaking to His disciples.) He is the Holy Spirit, who leads into all truth. The world cannot receive him, because it isn't looking for him and doesn't recognize him. But you know him, because he lives with you now and later will be in you. John 14:17

Purify me from my sins, and I will be clean; wash me, and I will be whiter than snow. Oh, give me back my joy again; you have broken me—no let me rejoice. Don't keep looking at my sins. Remove the stain of my guilt. Create in me a clean heart, O God. Renew a loyal spirit within me. Do not banish me from your presence, and don't take your Holy Spirit from me. Restore to me the joy of your salvation, and make me willing to obey you. Then I will teach your ways to rebels, and they will return to you. Psalm 51:7-13 (Underlined for emphasis.)


Purify me…create in me a clean heart. Purity is important in respect to God. We must be pure in order to stand before the Heavenly Father on His throne in Heaven. No sin will be allowed.

Other verses tell us that the Holy Spirit is to teach, remind, direct, guide, admonish, purify, encourage, and pray for us.

Let me ask you this one question: Did you receive the Holy Spirit by obeying the law of Moses? Of course not! You received the Spirit because you believed the message you heard about Christ. Galatians 3:2

Through Christ Jesus, God has blessed the Gentiles with the same blessing he promised to Abraham, so that we who are believers might receive the promised Holy Spirit through faith. Galatians 3:14

The Holy Spirit is part of the gift that God gives the believers. Other amazing gifts given to believers are eternal life and the fact that believers never have to face judgment.

On the day when I act in judgment, they will be my own special treasure. I will spare them as a father spares an obedient child. Malachi 3:17.

No judgment for those God treasures—for His adopted family. Are you part of His family? If not, ask Him today to forgive you of your sin…and trust Him to care for you.

Prayer ~ Create in me a clean heart, O God. Renew a loyal spirit within me. Do not banish me from your presence, and don't take your Holy Spirit from me. Psalm 51:10-11. Thank You, Lord, that as Your child I will never have to face judgment.

Verse of Salvation ~ This is what the LORD says: "Be just and fair to all. Do what is right and good, for I am coming soon to rescue you and to display my righteousness among you."  Isaiah 56:1

Our salvation…our rescue is from the Lord.

© 2020 Text, photos and illustrations by Mickey M. Hunacek. All rights reserved.

Unless otherwise indicated, all scripture quotations are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation, copyright © 1996, 2004, 2015 by Tyndale House Foundation. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc. Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved.

Biblical search from Blue Letter Bible - https://www.blb.org 

Follow And Like "Banquet With The King" on Facebook. 👍

Parenting Day By Day - Daily Devotional for Building Character

Available as an e-book or paperback at Amazon.com 

No comments: