Sunday, October 25, 2020

No Troubles—No Worries

Meditate.

Don't let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God, and trust also in me. There is more than enough room in my Father's home. If this were not so, would I have told you that I am going to prepare a place for you? When everything is ready, I will come and get you, so that you will always be with me where I am. John 14:1-3

Jesus is getting a new place ready for you…and for me…for each and every person who trusts and believes in Him. He said, “There is more than enough room in my Father’s home.”  His home in Heaven. It is beyond the capability of our finite brains to even imagine what that house will look like, but everyone tries. Have you? How long does it take to build a house? The United States Census Bureau survey in 2018 estimated that it takes about 7.7 months for construction of a new home. Now there are about 2.4 billion Christians. An interesting website lists the number of church members in each century from the first to the nineteenth century as estimated by an English historian, Sharon Turner in about 1810. When her numbers are tabulated that results in about 1,481,500,000. So with this historical estimate and the number of living Christians, you can guesstimate that there are well over four billion Christians including the living and the dead. That is a lot of people—so it means there will have to be a lot of homes in Heaven. No wonder it is taking so long. Additionally, God doesn’t want anyone to perish. Consider what Jesus said to people at the Temple one winter day when He was there to celebrate Hanukkah.

My sheep hear my voice.
Are you listening to Jesus?
Are you worried?
The people surrounded him and asked, "How long are you going to keep us in suspense? If you are the Messiah, tell us plainly." Jesus replied, "I have already told you, and you don't believe me. The proof is the work I do in my Father's name. But you don't believe me because you are not my sheep. My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me. I give them eternal life, and they will never perish. No one can snatch them away from me, for my Father has given them to me, and he is more powerful than anyone else. No one can snatch them from the Father's hand. John 10:24-29

Everyone makes their own choice—but God won’t let them be snatched away from Him…if they choose to believe. No troubles. No worries for those who belong to the Lord. Where do you stand with the Lord? Are you one of the more than four billion who will be calling Heaven “home” one day soon? 

Prayer ~ Heavenly Father, LORD, look down from heaven; look from your holy, glorious home, and see us. Where is the passion and the might you used to show on our behalf? Where are your mercy and compassion now? Isaiah 63:15. I eagerly wait Jesus coming to take us to Your Home in Heaven. It will surely be a glorious place. Show us Your mercy and grace, but please allow Jesus to come soon.

Verse of Salvation ~ For Jesus is the one referred to in the Scriptures, where it says, 'The stone that you builders rejected has now become the cornerstone.' There is salvation in no one else! God has given no other name under heaven by which we must be saved. Acts 4:11-12

© 2020 Text, photos and illustrations by Mickey M. Hunacek. All rights reserved.

Unless otherwise indicated, all scripture quotations are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation, copyright © 1996, 2004, 2015 by Tyndale House Foundation. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc. Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved.

Biblical search from Blue Letter Bible - https://www.blb.org 

Follow And Like "Banquet With The King" on Facebook. đź‘Ť

.


Are you a parent looking for a daily devotional for next year...or today? Try this one.


Parenting Day By Day - Daily Devotional for Building Character

Available as an e-book or paperback at Amazon.com

No comments: