Monday, October 26, 2020

Don’t Be Deceived

Meditate. Consider Jesus’ words.

For I have come down from heaven to do the will of God who sent me, not to do my own will. And this is the will of God, that I should not lose even one of all those he has given me, but that I should raise them up at the last day. For it is my Father's will that all who see his Son and believe in him should have eternal life. I will raise them up at the last day." John 6:38-40

Are you ready for the last day? Do you know you’ll have eternal life if you believe in Jesus? That is a big IF. It is the biggest decision that anyone ever makes. God sent Jesus down from Heaven—like any Dad would to save his other kids. Jesus was the obedient, perfect Son—doing His Father’s will. We should all be like Jesus…obediently following our Father’s will. The best part is that Jesus promised that He’ll raise up all the believers…His brothers and sisters…at the last day. But don’t be deceived.

Later, Jesus sat on the Mount of Olives. His disciples came to him privately and said, "Tell us, when will all this happen? What sign will signal your return and the end of the world?" Jesus told them, "Don't let anyone mislead you, for many will come in my name, claiming, 'I am the Messiah.' They will deceive many. And you will hear of wars and threats of wars, but don't panic. Yes, these things must take place, but the end won't follow immediately. Nation will go to war against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. There will be famines and earthquakes in many parts of the world. But all this is only the first of the birth pains, with more to come. Matthew 24:3-8 

He doesn’t want to lose anyone.

God loved the world so much that he gave his one and only Son, so that everyone who believes in him will not perish but have eternal life. John 3:16 

Sheep in Israel
Has one wandered away?
Look for the lost one...God does.
If a man has a hundred sheep and one of them wanders away, what will he do? Won't he leave the ninety-nine others on the hills and go out to search for the one that is lost? And if he finds it, I tell you the truth, he will rejoice over it more than over the ninety-nine that didn't wander away! In the same way, it is not my heavenly Father's will that even one of these little ones should perish. Matthew 18:12-14

Don’t be lost…and don’t be deceived. 

Prayer ~ Lord God, Lead me by your truth and teach me, for you are the God who saves me. All day long I put my hope in you. Psalm 25:5

Verse of Salvation ~ And now you Gentiles have also heard the truth, the Good News that God saves you. And when you believed in Christ, he identified you as his own by giving you the Holy Spirit, whom he promised long ago. Ephesians 1:13

 © 2020 Text, photos and illustrations by Mickey M. Hunacek. All rights reserved.

Unless otherwise indicated, all scripture quotations are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation, copyright © 1996, 2004, 2015 by Tyndale House Foundation. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc. Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved.

Biblical search from Blue Letter Bible - https://www.blb.org 

Follow And Like "Banquet With The King" on Facebook. 👍


Parenting Day By Day - Daily Devotional for Building Character

Available as an e-book or paperback at Amazon.com 

No comments: