Friday, January 10, 2020

Life Brings Hope

For I fully expect and hope that I will never be ashamed, but that I will continue to be bold for Christ, as I have been in the past. And I trust that my life will bring honor to Christ, whether I live or die. For to me, living means living for Christ, and dying is even better. But if I live, I can do more fruitful work for Christ. So I really don't know which is better. I'm torn between two desires: I long to go and be with Christ, which would be far better for me. But for your sakes, it is better t hat I continue to live.  Philippians 1:20-24

What sets Christians life apart from others? Are Christians really happier than those without Jesus in their lives?  Most of us Christians would like to say "Yes" to that, but in reality are we really? We all have problems, challenges, trials and heartaches. We all deal with grief over loses in our lives. The difference is...we have HOPE and God's promise that He is always with us--we are not alone. 
     For the LORD your God will personally go ahead of you. He will neither fail you nor abandon you. Deuteronomy 31:6.

God is always with you, with me, and with a billion other people right now in the world. Not only are we not alone--we will never be alone since one day we will be taken up into heaven to spend eternity with God. That eternal Hope of heaven is reassuring--giving Christians a reason to live--and removes the fear of death.

No fear. That doesn't take away the sadness of death. That doesn't take away the grief of loss created when there is no opportunity to express love again--whether it is a loved person--like a family member or dear friend--or even a pet. Grief can be part of the process of loosing anything--whether it is a person, a place, a job, or thing, including financial loss. No matter what the loss--how deep the grief--those who believe in God have His promises.     
A flower for Tamela.
Blessings on Robert...and family today. 

Prayer ~ Dear Jesus, I long to go and be with You--but I have great hope in Your promises. Thank you for loving us enough to die for us. Give those who are dealing with loss the strength to get through all that they must endure. Give them courage to face being "alone"--but help them to feel Your presence, as well as Your mercy and love--and to know that they are not alone. 

Friday Feast at the King's Table 
My granddaughter said her favorite food is All Sweets. So how about a recipe for that?
Well here one that is a favorite week-end dessert treat for chocolate lovers 

Chocolate Pudding Cake
1 c. Flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
2/3 c. Sugar
1 t. vanilla extract
1/2 c. half & half
1 c. brown sugar
1/4 c. + 2 T unsweetened dark chocolate baking cocoa
1 3/4 c. boiling water


In a medium bowl, stir together flour, baking powder, salt, sugar, and 2 T. cocoa. In a smaller bowl, mix melted butter, vanilla extract, and half & half together. Add to the flour mixture, blending lightly. Spread the cake batter on the bottom of a buttered 1 1/2 quart baking dish. Combine the brown sugar and 1/4 c. cocoa and sprinkle it over the batter.


Carefully pour the boiling water over the top of the cake. Bake at 350-degrees for 30 minutes. (The top should be set and feel slightly spongy to the touch. The cake will still seem jiggly because of the pudding layer on the bottom.)

Serve immediately with whipping cream or ice cream. Enjoy with a cup of coffee or a large cold glass of milk.


No comments: