Monday, May 6, 2019

Who Do You Trust?


Memory Verse this week…
Pacific Coast Trail
Near Highway 210 - Washington State
Is this the right path for you?
Trust the Lord to show you.
Trust in the LORD with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding. Seek his will in all you do, and he will show you which path to take. Proverbs 3:5-6

Trust is a big issue with a lot of people. Who can you really trust? Family? Friends? Neighbors? Co-workers? Strangers? Your own decisions? Often it depends on the situation. Are you reaching out to help someone…like a homeless person…and just don’t know if you can trust them? They are probably feeling the same way. Can they trust you? In all that we do we know that we can trust in the Lord. If we are doing what He wants us to do, then we can be assured that it is the right thing. Just trust Him. There are lots of verses to remind us of His promises about Trust.
Even strong young lions sometimes go hungry, but those who trust in the LORD will lack no good thing. Psalm 34:10

Trust in the LORD and do good. Then you will live safely in the land and prosper. ... For the wicked will be destroyed, but those who trust in the LORD will possess the land. Psalm 37:3, 9

Trust in the LORD always, for the LORD GOD is the eternal Rock. Isaiah 26:4

But those who trust in the LORD will find new strength. They will soar high on wings like eagles. They will run and not grow weary. They will walk and not faint. Isaiah 40:31

But blessed are those who trust in the LORD and have made the LORD their hope and confidence. Jeremiah 17:7

So do not throw away this confident trust in the Lord. Remember the great reward it brings you! Hebrews 10:35

The LORD is my strength and shield. I trust him with all my heart. He helps me, and my heart is filled with joy. I burst out in songs of thanksgiving. Psalm 28:7

The LORD says, "I will rescue those who love me. I will protect those who trust in my name.” Psalm 91:14
Do any of these verses speak to your heart? Can you experience more trust in your relationship with the Lord? I find new strength…knowing that as I trust the Lord—I will not faint. I’ve been dealing with some health issues that make me a little weak sometimes. But I know that the Lord is my strength—and He does give me joy. I’m trusting Him to protect even the inner workings of my body…and when the time comes for this life to be over I know and trust that the Lord has a plan and a great reward for the future for me and for all of us. As our Pastor reminded us yesterday…we don’t have to wait for a “someday” heaven experience. It starts immediately when we accept Christ as our Savior. Trust Him. Enjoy heaven on earth…now.  Rejoice…find joy in your relationship with God and with others.

Prayer ~ Lord God, I trust in You with all my heart…and find not only new strength, but Your protection. Thank you for creating heaven…right here for us now. Please continue to bless me, my family, friends, neighbors and all those reading this blog. Give us Your peace and wisdom as we follow the road or path that You show us.

Daily Bible Reading: Psalms 89, 96,100-101, 105, 132

© 2019 Text and photos by Mickey M. Hunacek. All rights reserved.
All scripture quoted from the New Living Translation (NLT) unless otherwise noted.
Biblical search from Blue Letter Bible - http://v3.blueletterbible.org/search.cfm.
Follow And Like "Banquet With The King" on Facebook. 👍

No comments: