Wednesday, May 29, 2019

Please, Come In


Memory Verse this week…
Look! I stand at the door and knock. If you hear my voice and open the door, I will come in, and we will share a meal together as friends. Revelation 3:20

Purity of the Lord.
Come into my heart and my home,
Lord Jesus.
Come in.  When someone comes to your home, knocks on your door, you invite them to come in. At least that is what a hospital person does…one with the intention of being hospitable to others. Jesus promises that He will come into your heart and home…if you hear His voice and open the door. What an honor to have Jesus in your heart and in your home.

It is important to love Jesus…to love God. Jesus was questioned by an expert in religious law.
"Teacher, which is the most important commandment in the law of Moses?" Jesus replied, "'You must love the LORD your God with all your heart, all your soul, and all your mind.' This is the first and greatest commandment. Matthew 22:36-38

Paul stressed that it is not only important to love the Lord Jesus, but to tell others—to verbally acknowledge Him to others.
If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. Romans 10:9
Salvation. Being saved from our sins…and from an eternity without God…maybe the most important thing to ever happen to us. For me…there is no “maybe” it is a surety. I want to spend eternity with God…not without Him. I do believe that Jesus is my Lord and Savior and that God raised Him from the dead. How about you? Can you add a hallelujah to that? Do you believe?

Prayer ~ Lord Jesus, I acknowledge that You are the Son of God, You are my Lord and Savior whom God raised from the dead…so that I may live with You forever. I praise You. You are so welcome in my heart and my home. Come on in. I rejoice in Your presence in my life.

Daily Bible Reading:  1 Kings 1-2; Psalms 37, 71, 94

No comments: