Friday, May 24, 2019

Do You Have a Servant Attitude?


Memory Verse this week…
And just as each person is destined to die once and after that comes judgment…. Hebrews 9:27

He sat down, called the twelve disciples over to him, and said, "Whoever wants to be first must take last place and be the servant of everyone else." Then he put a little child among them. Taking the child in his arms, he said to them, "Anyone who welcomes a little child like this on my behalf welcomes me, and anyone who welcomes me welcomes not only me but also my Father who sent me." Mark 9:35-37

Can you be a servant to others? Servants welcome people and wait on them. Can you be like Jesus—washing His disciples’ feet or providing for their needs?

It takes a special person to be a real servant to those around him or her. Not everyone is even gracious enough to allow someone to be their servant. We have the “I can do it myself” attitude. You even see it in two and three year old children. So when Jesus said…Anyone who welcomes a little child like this on my behalf welcomes me, and anyone who welcomes me welcomes not only me but also my Father who sent me…He was saying…welcome that one who is a servant…and His Father. No one should want to turn their back on Jesus…or His Father. Welcome them into your home…and into your heart. Develop a relationship with them. Serve God by serving others—that is just what Jesus did as He ministered to the lame, blind, sick, dead, demonized and hungry. Those hungry for food or spiritual nourishment. Our attitudes and actions will be judged during the great Judgement.

Prayer ~ Lord—may all that I think, say and do be pleasing to You—welcoming You into my heart and my life.

Daily Bible Reading: Psalms 108-110

Friday’s Feast at the King’s Table
Goat’s Milk
And there will be goats' milk enough for your food, for the food of your household, and sustenance for your maidens. Proverbs 27:27 NASB

I love goats’ milk cheese. It is tangy and tasty on a salad or even on pizza. Now my mouth is watering, wanting a taste of good goat cheese. Goats have a reputation for eating everything in sight, but actually they will not eat inedible material like tin cans. Goats are raised in countries around the world. In reviewing various websites with goat production statistics it was interesting to note that China is the country with the most goats, although apparently they use the animals for meat more than for milk production. Bangladesh produces the most goats’ milk for any one country. Since goats’ milk is similar to cows’ milk in lactose (sugar) it is unfortunately not valued as a replacement for those who are lactose intolerant. So although I’d rather have a cheese and milk that is good for the lactose intolerant, the goats’ milk cheese still is tasty. Try some goat cheese on salads, roasted veggies or scrambled eggs.

In the Proverbs 27:23-27 passage Solomon talks about paying attention to knowing and raising flocks of sheep and goats. They are valuable animals that will provide the shepherd’s family and household with milk, food and monetary income. God provides.

Sheep feeding in green pastures in Israel.
Sheep and goats are symbolic of the righteous and the unrighteous people that God deals with in the end times. See Matthew 25:32-34, 41. “All the nations will be gathered before Him; and He will separate them from one another, as the shepherd separates the sheep from the goats; and He will put the sheep on His right, and the goats on the left. Then the King will say to those on His right, ‘Come, you who are blessed of My Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world’” “Then He will also say to those on His left, ‘Depart from Me, accursed ones, into the eternal fire which has been prepared for the devil and his angels’…”  I want to be among the sheep when the Lord calls us to Heaven. How about you? Will we have goat’s milk cheese in Heaven? God is so creative that we can be sure that whatever He serves, it will be exemplary.

© 2019 Text and photos by Mickey M. Hunacek. All rights reserved.
All scripture quoted from the New Living Translation (NLT) unless otherwise noted.
Biblical search from Blue Letter Bible - http://v3.blueletterbible.org/search.cfm.
Follow And Like "Banquet With The King" on Facebook. 👍

No comments: