Thursday, May 30, 2019

Share a Meal With a Friend

Memory Verse this week…
Look! I stand at the door and knock. If you hear my voice and open the door, I will come in, and we will share a meal together as friends. Revelation 3:20

Let’s share a meal together as friends. There is nothing better than sharing a meal with friends or dear family members. Does anyone really like to eat alone? I know several single or widowed individuals who won’t even go out to a restaurant by themselves because they just don’t want to eat alone. I find that if I have to eat a meal alone…I either eat it at the kitchen sink looking out the window…or sit out on my deck if the weather is good. I prefer not to sit at the dining room table…or even in front of the television alone. Alone. It is such a lonely word. Like an old song said…One is the loneliest number….  But Jesus has promised us that He will never leave us or forsake us.
Make sure that your character is free from the love of money, being content with what you have; for He Himself has said, "I WILL NEVER DESERT YOU, NOR WILL I EVER FORSAKE YOU." Hebrews 13:5 NASB

No one will be able to stand against you as long as you live. For I will be with you as I was with Moses. I will not fail you or abandon you. Joshua 1:5

Do not be afraid or discouraged, for the LORD will personally go ahead of you. He will be with you; he will neither fail you nor abandon you. Deuteronomy 31:8

Reenactment of Jesus sharing a meal with friends.
Richland Nazarene Church.

What meal would you share with your friends...with Jesus?
Share a meal with a friend, treating them like you would treat Jesus Himself. They will appreciate it…even if it is a simple sandwich, salad or slice of pizza. You will feel good about being hospitable. Jesus wants to be part of your life—to have a relationship with you. Jesus is the ultimate friend. Are you willing to open the door, invite Him in, and share your life with Him? Share not just a meal…but your life? There will be a reward for your invitation to Him. It will be an invitation to join Him at a Banquet With The King, one day. In heaven. You’ll even get a white robe to wear to that special occasion. I personally am looking forward to that day…to that Banquet.

Prayer ~ Lord Jesus, Please come in and join me for a meal…no matter how humble any meal in my home may seem…You are worthy of a great banquet. Thank You for Your promise to always be with me. What a comfort and joy that brings to my heart.

Daily Bible Reading: Psalm 119

© 2019 Text and photos by Mickey M. Hunacek. All rights reserved.
All scripture quoted from the New Living Translation (NLT) unless otherwise noted.
Biblical search from Blue Letter Bible - http://v3.blueletterbible.org/search.cfm.
Follow And Like "Banquet With The King" on Facebook. 👍

No comments: