Wednesday, May 8, 2019

Seek God and His Will


Memory Verse this week…
Trust in the LORD with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding. Seek his will in all you do, and he will show you which path to take. Proverbs 3:5-6

In another translation, which I memorized years ago says…In all your ways acknowledge Him…
Trust in the LORD with all your heart and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your paths straight. Proverbs 3:5-6 NASB
.
Is acknowledging Him and seek his will in all you do…the same? 
Are you looking for light?
Give glory to the LORD your God before it is too late. Acknowledge him before he brings darkness upon you, causing you to stumble and fall on the darkening mountains. For then, when you look for light, you will find only terrible darkness and gloom. Jeremiah 13:16

Jesus lived to do God’s will—His Father’s work. That should be our goal in life also. Jesus said…
For I have come down from heaven to do the will of God who sent me, not to do my own will. And this is the will of God, that I should not lose even one of all those he has given me, but that I should raise them up at the last day. For it is my Father's will that all who see his Son and believe in him should have eternal life. I will raise them up at the last day. John 6:38-40

Don't believe me unless I carry out my Father's work. But if I do his work, believe in the evidence of the miraculous works I have done, even if you don't believe me. Then you will know and understand that the Father is in me, and I am in the Father. John 10:37-38
I feel this as an admonishment to carry out God’s work. That is what Jesus expects of us as described in these verses of judgment.
Then the King will say to those on his right, 'Come, you who are blessed by my Father, inherit the Kingdom prepared for you from the creation of the world. For I was hungry, and you fed me. I was thirsty, and you gave me a drink. I was a stranger, and you invited me into your home. I was naked, and you gave me clothing. I was sick, and you cared for me. I was in prison, and you visited me.' Matthew 25:34-36
Here’s good advice given to the Israelites in Judah by the prophet Zephaniah.
Seek the LORD, all who are humble, and follow his commands. Seek to do what is right and to live humbly. Perhaps even yet the LORD will protect you--protect you from his anger on that day of destruction. Zephaniah 2:3
So these scripture passages are encouraging us to seek God and His will for our lives…humbly day by day acknowledging Him in all that we do.

Prayer ~ Lord God… I seek first the Kingdom of God above all else, and want to live righteously and humbly, acknowledging that You provide everything I need. Matthew 6:33

Daily Bible Reading: Psalms 25, 29, 33, 36, 39
© 2019 Text and photos by Mickey M. Hunacek. All rights reserved.
All scripture quoted from the New Living Translation (NLT) unless otherwise noted.
Biblical search from Blue Letter Bible - http://v3.blueletterbible.org/search.cfm.
Follow And Like "Banquet With The King" on Facebook. 👍

No comments: