Tuesday, May 28, 2019

Open the Door


Memory Verse this week…
Look! I stand at the door and knock. If you hear my voice and open the door, I will come in, and we will share a meal together as friends. Revelation 3:20

Is it so cold that you can't open the door to your heart?
Open the door. That seems like a pretty easy thing to do, but some people just have a hard time opening the door of their heart to Jesus…to God. Maybe it is their own pride…they don’t want to rely on Jesus to be Lord of their life. Maybe it is an old memory of a way that they were treated in a church that left them feeling awkward about having anything to do with religion or God. Maybe they are just too busy. Whatever the reason…they choose not to share their life with Jesus. Yet there He is, standing at the door knocking. Can you hear His voice? Will you open the door? 

Prayer – Lord Jesus, I see You standing at the door, knocking. I hear Your voice and open the door of my heart. It is not an easy thing for me to do. There are those I know who don’t want You as part of their life…and they would like to see reject You, too. But I can’t do that. You are more important to me than life itself. Thank You for all that You have done for me. I am forever grateful.  

Daily Bible Reading: Psalm 111-118

© 2019 Text and photos by Mickey M. Hunacek. All rights reserved.
All scripture quoted from the New Living Translation (NLT) unless otherwise noted.
Biblical search from Blue Letter Bible - http://v3.blueletterbible.org/search.cfm.
Follow And Like "Banquet With The King" on Facebook. 👍

No comments: