Sunday, August 3, 2014

Jesus is Watching and Waiting

But when the day was now breaking, Jesus stood on the beach; yet the disciples did not know that it was Jesus. John 21:4 

The disciples didn’t know it was Jesus. Maybe the light was not bright enough for them to see that it was Jesus, or maybe they were too far out on the Sea of Galilee.  Do we sometimes not see Jesus for who He is? Do we not recognize Him when He comes to us? Look around you and see how Jesus is coming to you—to encourage you, to provide for you, to…never leave you or forsake you, just as He promised. 
And Jesus came up and spoke to them, saying, "All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth. "Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age.” Matthew 28:18-20
Just as Jesus stood on the beach waiting for and watching His disciples, He waits and watches for us. 

RSVP:  Jesus has promised to never leave us or forsake us…to be with us forever. Have you promised Jesus that you will never leave Him or forsake Him? 

Prayer ~ Jesus, I trust You to provide for me, to encourage me, to never leave me or forsake me…and to reach out to others through me. I promise You that I will never leave You or forsake You…forever.

© 2014 by Mickey M. Hunacek. All rights reserved.
All scripture quoted from the New American Standard Bible (NASB) unless otherwise noted.

No comments: