Monday, August 18, 2014

The World Could Not Contain All the Detailed Accounts of Jesus Actions

And there are also many other things which Jesus did, which if they were written in detail, I suppose that even the world itself would not contain the books that would be written. John 21:25  

Jesus went about doing good—helping and healing others. But He was more than just a healer. When the men came to Him, they said, "John the Baptist has sent us to You, to ask, 'Are You the Expected One, or do we look for someone else?'" At that very time He cured many people of diseases and afflictions and evil spirits; and He gave sight to many who were blind. And He answered and said to them, "Go and report to John what you have seen and heard: the BLIND RECEIVE SIGHT, the lame walk, the lepers are cleansed, and the deaf hear, the dead are raised up, the POOR HAVE THE GOSPEL PREACHED TO THEM. Luke 7:20-22.  

This was predicted in the Old Testament. The Spirit of the Lord GOD is upon me, Because the LORD has anointed me To bring good news to the afflicted; He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, To proclaim liberty to captives And freedom to prisoners; To proclaim the favorable year of the LORD And the day of vengeance of our God; To comfort all who mourn, To grant those who mourn in Zion, Giving them a garland instead of ashes, The oil of gladness instead of mourning, The mantle of praise instead of a spirit of fainting. So they will be called oaks of righteousness, The planting of the LORD, that He may be glorified. Isaiah 61:1-3. 

Jesus was who He said He was…the I AM of the Old Testament, incarnate God in human flesh-living out the Old Testament promises, fulfilled in the New Testament writings. Jesus said to him, "I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father but through Me." John 14:6. Do you believe that? Do you believe that Jesus is the Son of God?  That He is God? If not, search the scriptures again, and pray as you do, that God will reveal the truth to you. 

RSVP:  Just as Jesus said, the only way to the Father is through the Son—through Him. Do you believe? How will you respond to Him today? 

Prayer ~ Jesus… I believe that You are the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father but through You. I claim this promise that You said, "Truly, truly, I say to you, he who believes in Me, the works that I do, he will do also; and greater works than these he will do; because I go to the Father. Whatever you ask in My name, that will I do, so that the Father may be glorified in the Son. If you ask Me anything in My name, I will do it.” John 14:6, 12-14.  Please continue to bless my family and friends, guide them and help us all to make good decisions, moment by moment, that we would be pleasing and bring glory and honor to You.

© 2014 by Mickey M. Hunacek. All rights reserved.
All scripture quoted from the New American Standard Bible (NASB) unless otherwise noted.

No comments: