Wednesday, October 5, 2022

Rescue Me

Prayer – Lord, just like David, I call out to You…Rescue me…protect me. But I put my trust in You. You are always there for me. Show me once again how You are protecting me…and may You hear praise that I’m singing in my heart. You are an awesome God…You are my God, my Lord, my Savior. 

Rescue me from my enemies, O God. Protect me from those who have come to destroy me. Rescue me from these criminals; save me from these murderers. They have set an ambush for me. Fierce enemies are out there waiting, LORD, though I have not sinned or offended them. I have done nothing wrong, yet they prepare to attack me. Wake up! See what is happening and help me! O LORD God of Heaven's Armies, the God of Israel, wake up and punish those hostile nations. Show no mercy to wicked traitors. They come out at night, snarling like vicious dogs as they prowl the streets. Listen to the filth that comes from their mouths; their words cut like swords. "After all, who can hear us?" they sneer. But LORD, you laugh at them. You scoff at all the hostile nations. You are my strength; I wait for you to rescue me, for you, O God, are my fortress. In his unfailing love, my God will stand with me. He will let me look down in triumph on all my enemies. Don't kill them, for my people soon forget such lessons; stagger them with your power, and bring them to their knees, O Lord our shield. Because of the sinful things they say, because of the evil that is on their lips, let them be captured by their pride, their curses, and their lies. Destroy them in your anger! Wipe them out completely! Then the whole world will know that God reigns in Israel. My enemies come out at night, snarling like vicious dogs as they prowl the streets. They scavenge for food but go to sleep unsatisfied. But as for me, I will sing about your power. Each morning I will sing with joy about your unfailing love. For you have been my refuge, a place of safety when I am in distress. O my Strength, to you I sing praises, for you, O God, are my refuge, the God who shows me unfailing love. Psalm 59:1-17

 

Meditate. Focus. Imagine God fighting your enemies. Joyfully praise Him.

 

David was so often being sought out by his enemies who were trying to kill him—to destroy his physical body. Did they realize that they couldn’t kill his spiritual body? How often do we ask God to help us…to protect us…to save us from a situation that could harm or kill our bodies? But what about our spirits? Do we ask God for protection against the evil in the world that could or does attack us spiritually?

 

It is our spiritual being that really matters in the long run. Our bodies will die, but our spirits will live forever. Forever…either with God or away from Him. Personally, I choose to live with God. I made that choice a long time ago…and daily choose again to have Jesus Christ as my Savior. I repented of my sins. Although even when I first discovered the idea of having a relationship with Christ, I didn’t think of myself as a sinner—I was. When I prayed to be forgiven of my sin, I remember a huge weight being lifted from my shoulders. That was my sin that Jesus had taken to the cross. I was forgiven. Wow! Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit. With that prayer my spiritual life began—I am a new creation in Christ (see 2 Corinthians 5:17). That relationship with Jesus Christ—as well as with the Heavenly Father and the Holy Spirit—has continued to grow as I trust Him with everything in my life. He has really shown me His unfailing love and I know that He is with me…always…just as He promised. Can you trust Him to rescue you?

 

Can you hear the rustle of the leaves?
Tree along a canal bringing water to crops.
Israel

Verses of Salvation ~ Give to the LORD the glory he deserves! Bring your offering and come into his presence. Worship the LORD in all his holy splendor. Let all the earth tremble before him. The world stands firm and cannot be shaken. Let the heavens be glad, and the earth rejoice! Tell all the nations, "The LORD reigns!" Let the sea and everything in it shout his praise! Let the fields and their crops burst out with joy! Let the trees of the forest rustle with praise, for the LORD is coming to judge the earth. Give thanks to the LORD, for he is good! His faithful love endures forever. Cry out, "Save us, O God of our salvation! Gather and rescue us from among the nations, so we can thank your holy name and rejoice and praise you." Praise the LORD, the God of Israel, who lives from everlasting to everlasting! And all the people shouted "Amen!" and praised the LORD. 1 Chronicles 16:29-36 (Underlined for emphasis.)

 

Memory Verse of the Week ~ Let the message about Christ, in all its richness, fill your lives. Teach and counsel each other with all the wisdom he gives. Sing psalms and hymns and spiritual songs to God with thankful hearts. Colossians 3:16  

 

© 2022 Text, photos, and illustrations by Mickey M. Hunacek. All rights reserved. 

All scripture quoted from the New Living Translation (NLT) unless otherwise noted. 

New Living Translation copyright © 1996, 2004, 2007 by Tyndale House Foundation. 

Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved.

Biblical search from Blue Letter Bible - http://v3.blueletterbible.org/search.cfm

 


Books by Mickey M. Hunacek

Available as e-books or paperbacks at Amazon.com

 

Parenting Day By Day - Daily Devotional for Building Character

Coins in the Bible: New Testament Stories

No comments: