Saturday, October 15, 2022

What Has God Done in Your Life?

Prayer – Lord, reveal Yourself to me. You are the Way, the Truth, and the Life. You are my life. Humbly, I just want to know more of You-- 

Save me, O God, for the floodwaters are up to my neck. Deeper and deeper I sink into the mire; I can't find a foothold. I am in deep water, and the floods overwhelm me. I am exhausted from crying for help; my throat is parched. My eyes are swollen with weeping, waiting for my God to help me. Those who hate me without cause outnumber the hairs on my head. Many enemies try to destroy me with lies, demanding that I give back what I didn't steal. O God, you know how foolish I am; my sins cannot be hidden from you. Don't let those who trust in you be ashamed because of me, O Sovereign LORD of Heaven's Armies. Don't let me cause them to be humiliated, O God of Israel. For I endure insults for your sake; humiliation is written all over my face. ... I am suffering and in pain. Rescue me, O God, by your saving power. Then I will praise God's name with singing, and I will honor him with thanksgiving. For this will please the LORD more than sacrificing cattle, more than presenting a bull with its horns and hooves. The humble will see their God at work and be glad. Let all who seek God's help be encouraged. For the LORD hears the cries of the needy; he does not despise his imprisoned people. Praise him, O heaven and earth, the seas and all that move in them. For God will save Jerusalem and rebuild the towns of Judah. His people will live there and settle in their own land. The descendants of those who obey him will inherit the land, and those who love him will live there in safety. Psalm 69:1-7, 29-36 (Read all of Psalm 96.)

 

Meditate. Are you afraid of water…of drowning?

 

Rescue me. Back to David’s old theme of pleading with the Lord for help—but this time it seems that water is one of his enemies. Water in the form of tears. But the tears are caused by his lying enemies. They were lying…and that is wrong, against God’s commandments. He was right to call out to God for help.


I learned a while back that if someone makes you mad…or you are feeling some other emotion and blame it one someone else, it is not really their fault. You are allowing them to make you feel that way. You are giving them permission to make you feel rotten…and yourself permission to feel that way. It isn’t their action. They are not usually holding you down and making you feel that way. They may not even know that you are feeling that emotion…or blaming it on you. YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR OWN EMOTIONS! That’s it plain and simple…you are in charge of your own feelings and emotions.

Jesus is the same yesterday, today, and forever. Are we? If we are to become like Jesus, as God wants us to do, we must change. Actually, it is good that we can change. We can forgive ourselves and others.

But now is the time to get rid of anger, rage, malicious behavior, slander, and dirty language. Don't lie to each other, for you have stripped off your old sinful nature and all its wicked deeds. Put on your new nature, and be renewed as you learn to know your Creator and become like him. Colossians 3:8-10


Since God chose you to be the holy people he loves, you must clothe yourselves with tenderhearted mercy, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience. Make allowance for each other's faults, and forgive anyone who offends you. Remember, the Lord forgave you, so you must forgive others. Colossians 3:12-13

The humble will see their God at work and be glad. Let all who seek God's help be encouraged. God wants us to be like His Son, Jesus. He was a humble man. As we humble ourselves before God, do we see Him at work in our lives? That is what we need to see. How do you see God working in your life? David said in an earlier Psalm. Come and see what our God has done, what awesome miracles he performs for people! Psalm 66:5. In the Message translation David’s words were very forthright. He shares just what God has done for him. He listened.

All believers, come here and listen, let me tell you what God did for me. I called out to him with my mouth, my tongue shaped the sounds of music. If I had been cozy with evil, the Lord would never have listened. But he most surely did listen, he came on the double when he heard my prayer. Blessed be God: he didn’t turn a deaf ear, he stayed with me, loyal in his love. Psalm 66:16-20 The MSG.

Can you share what God has done in your life?

 

Verse of Salvation ~ But I keep praying to you, LORD, hoping this time you will show me favor. In your unfailing love, O God, answer my prayer with your sure salvation. Psalm 69:13

 

Memory Verse of the Week ~ Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today, and forever. Hebrews 13:8

Did you memorize this verse?


© 2022 Text, photos, and illustrations by Mickey M. Hunacek. All rights reserved. 

All scripture quoted from the New Living Translation (NLT) unless otherwise noted. 

New Living Translation copyright © 1996, 2004, 2007 by Tyndale House Foundation. 

Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved.

The Message (MSG) Copyright © 1993, 2002, 2018 by Eugene H. Peterson

Biblical search from Blue Letter Bible - http://v3.blueletterbible.org/search.cfm

Books by Mickey M. Hunacek

Available as e-books or paperbacks at Amazon.com

Parenting Day By Day - Daily Devotional for Building Character

Coins in the Bible: New Testament Stories


No comments: