Thursday, August 29, 2019

Merciful God


Memory Verse:
But you, O Lord, are a God of compassion and mercy, slow to get angry and filled with unfailing love and faithfulness. Psalm 86:15

…a God of…mercy….
Often the word rachuwm translated from Hebrew as “mercy” has also been translated as compassionate throughout the Old Testament. The words are used synonymous. Mercy. Compassion. An entry in the list of mercy as related to God in the New Testament shows us a unique side of God—one that is picky. God is merciful…but He chooses to whom He shows that mercy. I would never want to be one of those whom God hardens their hearts.
So you see, God chooses to show mercy to some, and he chooses to harden the hearts of others so they refuse to listen. Romans 9:18
Prickly Pear Cactus - Utah
God is merciful--unlike the cactus.
You can get close to God without getting poked.
To have mercy is to be compassionate…and that is just what we want from God. No anger. Merciful love and forgiveness. David declared God to be merciful and also pleaded with God to be merciful.
Do not remember the rebellious sins of my youth. Remember me in the light of your unfailing love, for you are merciful, O LORD. Psalm 25:7

Hear me as I pray, O LORD. Be merciful and answer me! Psalm 27:7
Do you see God as a merciful God? Has He shown you mercy recently…ever?

Prayer ~ O LORD, don't rebuke me in your anger or discipline me in your rage. Psalm 6:1. May I always be pleasing to You. Please show me mercy and do not harden my heart. I praise You for Your lovingkindness and mercy on my life…for forgiving my sins and giving me hope…not just for the future but for today.

Daily Bible Reading: Ezekiel 9-12
© 2019 Text and photos by Mickey M. Hunacek. All rights reserved.
All scripture quoted from the New Living Translation (NLT) unless otherwise noted.
Biblical search from Blue Letter Bible - https://www.blueletterbible.org/.
Follow And Like "Banquet With The King" on Facebook. 👍

No comments: