Saturday, August 24, 2019

Memory Strength


Memory Verse:
For I can do everything through Christ, who gives me strength. Philippians 4:13

Memorize this verse yet? For I can do everything through Christ, who gives me strength. Philippians 4:13. If you can do everything through Christ, then you can remember this short passage.

Amelia's Self Portrait
Determined to smile...
in spite of arthritis pain.
Christ gives her strength.
For I can do
Everything
Through Christ,
Who gives me
Strength.
Philippians 4:13.

Where are you struggling? Is it the can do or is it the strength?

Listen, O Israel! The LORD is our God, the LORD alone. And you must love the LORD your God with all your heart, all your soul, and all your strength. And you must commit yourselves wholeheartedly to these commands that I am giving you today. Repeat them again and again to your children. Talk about them when you are at home and when you are on the road, when you are going to bed and when you are getting up. Tie them to your hands and wear them on your forehead as reminders. Write them on the doorposts of your house and on your gates. Deuteronomy 6:4-9
When I was reading the Shema (Deuteronomy 6:4-9) once again this morning I pictured a little boy fighting with a wooden toy sword…fighting with all his might. Some translations use “strength” for that same word as "might." That determination is the strength and might that Christ gives us to do our “everything” that we are trying to do. The verse in Philippians 4:13 is Granddaughter Amelia's favorite verse. She can do everything because Christ gives her strength. She is an amazing young lady.

How do you picture yourself loving God and allowing Him to give you strength? What do you need His strength for…just to get out of bed in the morning…to confront your child with their behavior…to talk to a neighbor or coworker about some issue…to discipline yourself with some habit you are trying to break? Pray. God will give you the strength you need. He has promised.
For I can do everything through Christ, who gives me strength. Philippians 4:13.

Prayer ~ Lord God, I can do everything through You, Christ, who gives me strength. Philippians 4:13. Help me to trust You totally with my everyday needs. Thank you for all that You do and have provided for me, my family, friends and neighbors.

Daily Bible Reading: Jeremiah 51-52
© 2019 Text and photos by Mickey M. Hunacek. All rights reserved.
All scripture quoted from the New Living Translation (NLT) unless otherwise noted.
Biblical search from Blue Letter Bible - "https://www.blueletterbible.org/".
Follow And Like "Banquet With The King" on Facebook. 👍

No comments: