Tuesday, January 24, 2017

Go Home


But Jacob soon learned that Laban's sons were grumbling about him. "Jacob has robbed our father of everything!" they said. "He has gained all his wealth at our father's expense." And Jacob began to notice a change in Laban's attitude toward him. Then the LORD said to Jacob, "Return to the land of your father and grandfather and to your relatives there, and I will be with you." Genesis 31:1-3. 

Again God says…I will. He is promising Jacob, like his father and grandfather, that He will be with him and his family. I will go with you--trust Me. I love it…God promised even then that those who trusted Him wouldn’t be alone…He would be with them. The greatest power in the universe…the greatest power in eternity walking alongside of Jacob, his family and servants, guiding and protecting them. Jesus promised to be with us always…

Jesus and His Disciples
Jesus came and told His disciples, "I have been given all authority in heaven and on earth. Therefore, go and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit. Teach these new disciples to obey all the commands I have given you. And be sure of this: I am with you always, even to the end of the age." Matthew 28:18-20.

What a comforting thought—that Jesus is with us always. My favorite promise from God is that He is always with me. I know life is not about me. It is about God…about Jesus Christ our Savior. Knowing that God goes before me, beside me and behind me…I am never alone gives me such encouragement and strength. How about you? 

Prayer ~ Lord God, Thank you that you are always with me…just as You were with Jacob and his household as they traveled back home to the Promised Land. May my family, friends and neighbors sense Your presence in their lives also and seek to know You more deeply.

Bible Reading: January 24 – Genesis 35-37
© 2017 by Mickey M. Hunacek. All rights reserved.
All scripture quoted from the New Living Translation (NLT) unless otherwise noted
Biblical search from Blue Letter Bible - http://v3.blueletterbible.org/search.cfm.
www.blueletterbible.org/dailyreading

No comments: