Saturday, November 26, 2016

Listen and Pay Attention


My child, pay attention to what I say. Listen carefully to my words. Don't lose sight of them. Let them penetrate deep into your heart, for they bring life to those who find them, and healing to their whole body. Guard your heart above all else, for it determines the course of your life. Proverbs 4:20-23



Listen. We can never stop listening. Cover your ears and you still hear…hear yourself or memories in your mind. Our minds never stop working. Listen to your heart. One reason to keep the Lord’s words hidden in your heart is so that you continue to hear them. Such wise advice to listen to the Lord’s words—as Solomon wrote here. His words were really the Lord’s words. Listen. Apply those words…take hold of my instructions. Words bring life. Eternal life. 

My child, listen to me and do as I say, and you will have a long, good life. I will teach you wisdom's ways and lead you in straight paths. When you walk, you won't be held back; when you run, you won't stumble. Take hold of my instructions; don't let them go. Guard them, for they are the key to life. Proverbs 4:10-13

Listen and pay attention. What are you listening to today? The local news, the world news, the latest football game, Pokémon games, music, comedy, TV shows…or redemption, salvation, or the love of the Lord? I’m headed to finish reading a good book and have a cup of tea. It’s a cool wintery day and the best place to be is by the fireplace. Listening to my heart. What is your heart telling you?



Prayer ~ Lord, I am listening to Your words. Guide my heart, soul and mind that I would pay attention to what I hear from You and apply Your words to my life.



© 2016 by Mickey M. Hunacek. All rights reserved.

All scripture quoted from the New Living Translation (NLT) unless otherwise noted.
Biblical search from Blue Letter Bible - http://v3.blueletterbible.org/search.cfm

No comments: