Thursday, February 26, 2015

The Holy Spirit for All Mankind

Blow a trumpet in Zion, and sound an alarm on My holy mountain! Let all the inhabitants of the land tremble, for the day of the LORD is coming; surely it is near…. Joel 2:1

Thus you will know that I am in the midst of Israel, and that I am the LORD your God, and there is no other; and My people will never be put to shame. It will come about after this that I will pour out My Spirit on all mankind; and your sons and daughters will prophesy, your old men will dream dreams, your young men will see visions. Even on the male and female servants I will pour out My Spirit in those days. Joel 2:27-29  

The day of the Lord will be an unexpected, horrific day…with the Lord’s anger released in a dark and confusing world.
For see, the day of the LORD is coming--the terrible day of His fury and fierce anger. The land will be made desolate, and all the sinners destroyed with it. Isaiah 13:9 NLT

Yes, the day of the LORD will be dark and hopeless, without a ray of joy or hope. Amos 5:20 NLT

The sun will become dark, and the moon will turn blood red before that great and glorious day of the LORD arrives. Acts 2:20 NLT 

But the day of the Lord will come as unexpectedly as a thief. Then the heavens will pass away with a terrible noise, and the very elements themselves will disappear in fire, and the earth and everything on it will be found to deserve judgment. 2 Peter 3:10 NLT

On that day God will pour out His Spirit on all mankind. What a promise! Not that the Holy Spirit would be on everyone who is good…or rich…or kind…but on everyone. God’s people—Israel—would never be put to shame. Another awesome promise. Most of the world is so bent now on destroying Israel…either physically or just politically. So few stand behind and beside them. Even within the United States there are strong opinions to for the US to be neutral with Israel and Palestine (www.counterpunch.org) while Israel is developing strong economic ties with China and India. God will always be on Israel’s side in the end. They are still His chosen people.  The Holy Spirit anointed and spoke through Joel not only to Israel, but to the whole world.

"At the time of those events," says the LORD, "when I restore the prosperity of Judah and Jerusalem, I will gather the armies of the world into the valley of Jehoshaphat. There I will judge them for harming my people, my special possession, for scattering my people among the nations, and for dividing up my land. ... But Judah will be filled with people forever, and Jerusalem will endure through all generations. I will pardon my people's crimes, which I have not yet pardoned; and I, the LORD, will make my home in Jerusalem with my people." Joel 3:1-2, 20-21 NLT
Where do you stand in regards to Israel? Will you pray for them? Are you ready for the day of the Lord?

Prayer ~ Holy Spirit, guide our hearts, thoughts, minds, words and actions that all we think, say and do in regards to You and Your chosen people would honor You. May we live to serve You…and the people You love…the Christians and the Jews.

© 2015 by Mickey M. Hunacek. All rights reserved.
All scripture quoted from the New American Standard Bible (NASB) unless otherwise noted. Biblical search from Blue Letter Bible - http://v3.blueletterbible.org/search.cfm

No comments: