Thursday, June 5, 2014

Without a Cause

But they have done this to fulfill the word that is written in their Law, 'THEY HATED ME WITHOUT A CAUSE.' John 15:25 

This passage refers to scripture in Psalm 35. Do not let those who are wrongfully my enemies rejoice over me; nor let those who hate me without cause wink maliciously. Psalms 35:19. David wrote this when he was being hunted by Saul. Hated without a cause. Hate is such a terrible emotion. It does nothing to help anyone…just creates fear, builds walls and erodes goodness. Nothing good. God declares in part of the Ten Commandments that…You shall not worship them (other gods) or serve them; for I, the LORD your God, am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers on the children, on the third and the fourth generations of those who hate Me…. Exodus 20:5. It is really bad to hate God, but to have Him hate or punish you is even worse for all your family, for generations. We need to consider our thoughts, words, and actions carefully. Is what we are doing considered “worship” of another god? Are we “hating” God without a cause? We may sometimes feel like God is punishing us…not answering our prayers, or causing us trials by the things we are going through. But that is not a reason to “hate” God. Consider your motives and attitudes towards God carefully. Writing this is making me take another look at my own attitude towards God. 

RSVP: Jesus was hated without a cause. What are your attitudes and actions toward Jesus? How will you respond today to the hate that you see in the world now towards Jesus? 

Prayer ~ Jesus, Lord and Savior, I worship You with all my heart, with all my soul, and with all my might. Guide me today to see others as You see them and to show and share Your love with them.

© 2014 by Mickey M. Hunacek. All rights reserved.
All scripture quoted from the New American Standard Bible (NASB) unless otherwise noted.

No comments: