Wednesday, February 21, 2024

More Heart Issues?

Prayer – Lord, You know me even better than I know myself. Examine my heart. Holy Spirit reveal to me any “heart issues” that I need to deal with today. Guide me in just what I need to do. I want to be right with You, God, and with others…and even with myself. 

O LORD, You have searched me and known me. You know my sitting down and my rising up; You understand my thought afar off. You comprehend my path and my lying down, And are acquainted with all my ways. For there is not a word on my tongue, But behold, O LORD, You know it altogether. You have hedged me behind and before, And laid Your hand upon me. Such knowledge is too wonderful for me; It is high, I cannot attain it. Where can I go from Your Spirit? Or where can I flee from Your presence? Psalm 139:1-7 NKJV

 

Meditate. Consider your heart issues.

 

More heart issues?

Are all hearts clear?
Is your life pure?
Do you still have heart issues?




You know me well, Lord! That is just what David wrote. It is sort of humbling to know that someone knows me so well—knows my thoughts and what I’m going to say even before I speak. I’ve heard pastors and Bible teachers ask, “All hearts clear?” meaning is everyone right with God and with each other. That’s important. No sin or transgression, no bitterness or angry feelings are left on the table—all are released, confessed, and given to God. That is a big step for many people. Who wants to admit to themselves, God, and possibly others that they’ve made a mistake? That could be a real heart issue. As David wrote, “Where can I go from Your Spirit? Or where can I flee from Your presence?” We cannot run away from God. He knows where we are and what we’re thinking, saying, and doing. Any heart issues cannot be hidden. Deal with it.

 

Verse of Salvation ~ The message of the cross is foolish to those who are headed for destruction! But we who are being saved know it is the very power of God. 1 Corinthians 1:18 NLT

 

© 2024 Text, photos, and illustrations by Mickey M. Hunacek. All rights reserved. 

All scripture quoted from the New King James Version (NKJV) unless otherwise noted. 

New King James Version © 1982 by Thomas Nelson, Inc. Harper Collins Publisher. All rights reserved. Used by permission.

New Living Translation (NLT) copyright © 1996, 2004, 2007 by Tyndale House Foundation. 

Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved.

Biblical search from Blue Letter Bible - http://v3.blueletterbible.org/search.cfm

 

 

Books by Mickey M. Hunacek

Available as e-books or paperbacks at Amazon.com

 

Parenting Day By Day - Daily Devotional for Building Character

Coins in the Bible: New Testament Stories

 

No comments: