Sunday, February 25, 2024

Joy Restored

Prayer ~ Jesus, You are my Savior…and my Lord. Thank You for loving me…as well as my family, friends and neighbors. For my heart rejoices in You, because I trust in Your holy name. Psalm 33:21 NASB

Create in me a clean heart, O God. Renew a loyal spirit within me. Do not banish me from your presence, and don't take your Holy Spirit from me. Restore to me the joy of your salvation, and make me willing to obey you. Psalm 51:10-12 NLT 


Meditate. Consider joy in your life.

Restore my joy...just as this Morning Glory
is new every morning.
Photographed in Jerusalem, Israel.

Restore to me the joy of your salvation.

Restore – bring back. Reinstate. Restore to me…not to someone else…but to meRestore…joy. Joy—to rejoice or be glad. It is something that you think of at Christmas time. Joy to the World and all…. There needs to be joy all year around, joy doesn’t depend on happiness. There can be joy…even in sorrow.

The young women will dance for joy, and the men—old and young—will join in the celebration. I will turn their mourning into joy. I will comfort them and exchange their sorrow for rejoicing. Jeremiah 31:13 NLT

 

So you have sorrow now, but I will see you again; then you will rejoice, and no one can rob you of that joy. John 16:22 NLT

No one can rob of that joy…of your joy. As David wrote about joy with a sparkle in his eyes.…

O LORD, how long will you forget me? Forever? How long will you look the other way? How long must I struggle with anguish in my soul, with sorrow in my heart every day? How long will my enemy have the upper hand? Turn and answer me, O LORD my God! Restore the sparkle to my eyes, or I will die. Don't let my enemies gloat, saying, "We have defeated him!" Don't let them rejoice at my downfall. But I trust in your unfailing love. I will rejoice because you have rescued me. I will sing to the LORD because he is good to me. Psalm 13:1-6 NLT

Salvation. Redemption. Deliverance. My salvation. It is from the Lord. Jesus paid the price of my salvation with His death on the cross.  The knowledge of that salvation gives me joy.

Restore to me the joy of your salvation. Is there joy in your salvation?

 

Verse of Salvation ~ But I have trusted in Your mercy; My heart shall rejoice in Your salvation. - Psalm 13:5 NKJV 

© 2024 Text, photos, and illustrations by Mickey M. Hunacek. All rights reserved. 

All scripture quoted from the New King James Version (NKJV) unless otherwise noted. 

New King James Version © 1982 by Thomas Nelson, Inc. Harper Collins Publisher. All rights reserved. Used by permission.

New Living Translation (NLT) copyright © 1996, 2004, 2007 by Tyndale House Foundation. 

Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved.

Scripture quotations taken from the (NASB®) New American Standard Bible®,

Copyright © 1960, 1971, 1977, 1995, 2020 by The Lockman Foundation. Used by permission. All rights reserved. lockman.org

Biblical search from Blue Letter Bible - http://v3.blueletterbible.org/search.cfm

 Revised and refreshed From July 25, 2019


Books by Mickey M. Hunacek

Available as e-books or paperbacks at Amazon.com

 

Parenting Day By Day - Daily Devotional for Building Character

Coins in the Bible: New Testament Stories 

No comments: