Tuesday, February 20, 2024

Have You Got Heart Trouble?

Prayer – Lord, this is the American Heart Month. Give us wisdom to take care of these precious hearts You have created within us. 

Spring of Living Water.
The Jordan River near its headwaters.
Israel
My son, give attention to my words; Incline your ear to my sayings. Do not let them depart from your eyes; Keep them in the midst of your heart; For they are life to those who find them, And health to all their flesh. Keep your heart with all diligence, For out of it spring the issues of life. Proverbs 4:20-23

 

Meditate. Consider the importance of the “heart” physically and spiritually.

 

How’s your heart? Physically and spiritually?

 

Heart statistics in the United States can be easily obtained at the CDC site. Google CDC and heart statistics. Those statistics show that one person dies here in the US every 33 seconds—that was 685,000 people in 2021 who died of heart disease. That’s a lot! If they are a Christian…then they are on their way home to Heaven, but if not? In cases where the person doesn’t die from a heart attack, but they may be physically impaired the rest of their life with a lower quality of life and possibly a burden to their family or society. That’s not good. We need to take care of our bodies by exercising and eating a healthy diet, since we are the Temple of the Holy Spirit—a very part of God.

Or do you not know that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have from God, and you are not your own? For you were bought at a price; therefore glorify God in your body and in your spirit, which are God's. 1 Corinthians 6:19-20 NKJV

 

I love a couple of familiar verses concerning the heart. You probably know these, too. If not, consider them today and the choices that you make.

 

David knew the importance of having a clear conscience and receiving forgiveness with the Lord. He wrote this verse after he had had an affair with his neighbor, Bathsheba. That relationship changed his life, but he was repentant. Known as a man after God’s own heart, David was such a good example to us about repenting. The prophet Nathan challenged David about his indiscretion. Would he have had such a repentant heart if not challenged? How often are we admonished by family or friends about the poor choices in our lives or do we look at ourselves and desire change?

Have mercy upon me, O God, According to Your lovingkindness; According to the multitude of Your tender mercies, Blot out my transgressions. Wash me thoroughly from my iniquity, And cleanse me from my sin. For I acknowledge my transgressions, And my sin is always before me. Against You, You only, have I sinned, And done this evil in Your sight--That You may be found just when You speak, And blameless when You judge. ... Create in me a clean heart, O God, And renew a steadfast spirit within me. Do not cast me away from Your presence, And do not take Your Holy Spirit from me. Psalm 51:1-4, 10-11 NKJV

God is faithful to forgive us when we desire to change, to please Him, and live according to His standards.

 

Jesus demonstrated His compassion towards His disciples, and us, as He comforted them prior to His crucifixion. Troubled hearts are anxious—and that is not physically or spiritually healthy.

Let not your heart be troubled; you believe in God, believe also in Me. In My Father's house are many mansions; if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. "And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself; that where I am, there you may be also. John 14:1-3 NKJV

A forever home in Heaven, in our Father’s house. What better promise is there? Believe in Jesus…and it will be yours!

 

Are all hearts clear now or do you still have heart trouble?

 

Verse of Salvation ~ Restore to me the joy of Your salvation, And uphold me by Your generous Spirit. - Psalm 51:12 NKJV

 

© 2024 Text, photos, and illustrations by Mickey M. Hunacek. All rights reserved. 

All scripture quoted from the New King James Version (NKJV) unless otherwise noted. 

New King James Version © 1982 by Thomas Nelson, Inc. Harper Collins Publisher. All rights reserved. Used by permission.

New Living Translation (NLT) copyright © 1996, 2004, 2007 by Tyndale House Foundation. 

Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved.

Biblical search from Blue Letter Bible - http://v3.blueletterbible.org/search.cfm

 

 

Books by Mickey M. Hunacek

Available as e-books or paperbacks at Amazon.com

 

Parenting Day By Day - Daily Devotional for Building Character

Coins in the Bible: New Testament Stories

No comments: