Thursday, December 22, 2022

What Do You Want in Life?

Prayer – Lord, I need You. Hear my prayers…hear me calling out to You about all the troubles in my life. You know where I should turn. Thank You for rescuing me. 

A psalm of David, regarding his experience in the cave. A prayer.

I cry out to the LORD; I plead for the LORD's mercy. I pour out my complaints before him and tell him all my troubles. When I am overwhelmed, you alone know the way I should turn. Wherever I go, my enemies have set traps for me. I look for someone to come and help me, but no one gives me a passing thought! No one will help me; no one cares a bit what happens to me. Then I pray to you, O LORD. I say, "You are my place of refuge. You are all I really want in life. Hear my cry, for I am very low. Rescue me from my persecutors, for they are too strong for me. Bring me out of prison so I can thank you. The godly will crowd around me, for you are good to me." Psalm 142:1-7

 

Meditate.


David needed God. We need God. Do you ever feel like David…low, overwhelmed or even trapped? At times like that, I look to the Lord for help, knowing that He will guide me…show me the way to go. No one else will help me—they don’t even care. Life can be lonely when no one cares. God cares. Prayer is the way to go…it is the beginning of everything in communicating with God. He will rescue me…and you. In His mercy, He provides. Because of His love, grace, protection, guidance, good listening, and caring direction, I feel and know that I am loved by God. That’s all I really want in life…to love God, to love others, and to be loved be loved by God. That’s what I want in life.

 

Verse of Salvation ~ For God says, "At just the right time, I heard you. On the day of salvation, I helped you." Indeed, the "right time" is now. Today is the day of salvation. 2 Corinthians 6:2

 

Memory Verse of the Week ~ "But forget all that—it is nothing compared to what I am going to do. For I am about to do something new. See, I have already begun! Do you not see it? I will make a pathway through the wilderness. I will create rivers in the dry wasteland. Isaiah 43:18-19

 

© 2022 Text, photos, and illustrations by Mickey M. Hunacek. All rights reserved. 

All scripture quoted from the New Living Translation (NLT) unless otherwise noted. 

New Living Translation copyright © 1996, 2004, 2007 by Tyndale House Foundation. 

Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved.

Biblical search from Blue Letter Bible - http://v3.blueletterbible.org/search.cfm

 

Books by Mickey M. Hunacek

Available as e-books or paperbacks at Amazon.com

 

Parenting Day By Day - Daily Devotional for Building Character

Coins in the Bible: New Testament Stories

No comments: