Monday, December 19, 2022

God Know Everyone

Prayer – Lord, I’m comfortable with You knowing everything about me. Like David, I just want to know what You want to change in me. Let’s do it. I want to please You. 

O LORD, you have examined my heart and know everything about me. You know when I sit down or stand up. You know my thoughts even when I'm far away. You see me when I travel and when I rest at home. You know everything I do. You know what I am going to say even before I say it, LORD. You go before me and follow me. You place your hand of blessing on my head. Such knowledge is too wonderful for me, too great for me to understand! I can never escape from your Spirit! I can never get away from your presence! If I go up to heaven, you are there; if I go down to the grave, you are there. If I ride the wings of the morning, if I dwell by the farthest oceans, even there your hand will guide me, and your strength will support me. I could ask the darkness to hide me and the light around me to become night—but even in darkness I cannot hide from you. To you the night shines as bright as day. Darkness and light are the same to you. You made all the delicate, inner parts of my body and knit me together in my mother's womb. Thank you for making me so wonderfully complex! Your workmanship is marvelous—how well I know it. You watched me as I was being formed in utter seclusion, as I was woven together in the dark of the womb. You saw me before I was born. Every day of my life was recorded in your book. Every moment was laid out before a single day had passed. How precious are your thoughts about me, O God. They cannot be numbered! I can't even count them; they outnumber the grains of sand! And when I wake up, you are still with me! O God, if only you would destroy the wicked! Get out of my life, you murderers! They blaspheme you; your enemies misuse your name. O LORD, shouldn't I hate those who hate you? Shouldn't I despise those who oppose you? Yes, I hate them with total hatred, for your enemies are my enemies. Search me, O God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts. Point out anything in me that offends you, and lead me along the path of everlasting life. Psalm 139:1-24

 

Meditate.

 

I love David’s honesty and openness in this Psalm. He acknowledges that God knows everything about him, but he has a humble attitude that acknowledges God’s omniscience.

 

Don't be a donkey!
God knows you
...better than you know yourself.

David gave great advice to his son, Solomon, about seeking God…and how God sees everyone’s heart and knows their thoughts. That advice holds true for us, too. God hasn’t changed and didn’t just know people in David’s time. He knows our hearts, souls, and minds better than we know ourselves.

And Solomon, my son, learn to know the God of your ancestors intimately. Worship and serve him with your whole heart and a willing mind. For the LORD sees every heart and knows every plan and thought. If you seek him, you will find him. But if you forsake him, he will reject you forever. 1 Chronicles 28:9

Jesus knows our thoughts. You know He is God. His qualities are like that of our Heavenly Father God. Jesus knew the disciples’ thoughts and He hasn’t changed. He knows our thoughts, too.

Jesus knew immediately what they were thinking, so he asked them, "Why do you question this in your hearts?" Mark 2:8

Be careful what you think, say and do. God knows your motives and actions even before you do. He knows all. Remember that David said if you seek God you will find Him. Are you seeking Him today? Does knowing God’s omniscience draw you closer in your relationship with God? 

Verses of Salvation ~ So you must remain faithful to what you have been taught from the beginning. If you do, you will remain in fellowship with the Son and with the Father. And in this fellowship we enjoy the eternal life he promised us. 1 John 2:24-25

Salvation is eternal life.

Memory Verse of the Week ~ "But forget all that—it is nothing compared to what I am going to do. For I am about to do something new. See, I have already begun! Do you not see it? I will make a pathway through the wilderness. I will create rivers in the dry wasteland. Isaiah 43:18-19

Recycled and revised from January 19, 2021

© 2022 Text, photos, and illustrations by Mickey M. Hunacek. All rights reserved. 

All scripture quoted from the New Living Translation (NLT) unless otherwise noted. 

New Living Translation copyright © 1996, 2004, 2007 by Tyndale House Foundation. 

Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved.

Biblical search from Blue Letter Bible - http://v3.blueletterbible.org/search.cfm

 

Books by Mickey M. Hunacek

Available as e-books or paperbacks at Amazon.com

 

Parenting Day By Day - Daily Devotional for Building Character

Coins in the Bible: New Testament Stories

No comments: