Friday, May 28, 2021

Are You Sinless?

Meditate.

For the choir director: A psalm of David, regarding the time Nathan the prophet came to him after David had committed adultery with Bathsheba. Have mercy on me, O God, because of your unfailing love. Because of your great compassion, blot out the stain of my sins. Wash me clean from my guilt. Purify me from my sin. For I recognize my rebellion; it haunts me day and night. Against you, and you alone, have I sinned; I have done what is evil in your sight. You will be proved right in what you say, and your judgment against me is just. For I was born a sinner—yes, from the moment my mother conceived me. But you desire honesty from the womb, teaching me wisdom even there. Purify me from my sins, and I will be clean; wash me, and I will be whiter than snow. Oh, give me back my joy again; you have broken me--now let me rejoice. Psalm 51:1-8

Are any of us more sinless (committed less sin) than David? Of course not. Everyone has sinned. Everyone except Jesus. He was sinless.

For everyone has sinned; we all fall short of God's glorious standard. Romans 3:23

Christ suffered for our sins once for all time. He never sinned, but he died for sinners to bring you safely home to God. He suffered physical death, but he was raised to life in the Spirit. 1 Peter 3:18

Like David, I recognize my rebellion—and I want to be washed clean from my guilt. Thankfully, God hears my prayers…your too.

The LORD is far from the wicked, but he hears the prayers of the righteous. Proverbs 15:29

But if we confess our sins to him, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all wickedness. 1 John 1:9

That pretty much says it all. God is faithful. He will forgive our sin…if we confess…if we ask. How is your relationship with God today? Have you confessed your sins of the day…and are you rejoicing that He has forgiven you? Talking to God is the best part of the day. Rejoice and praise Him. 


Prayer ~ Create in me a clean heart, O God. Renew a loyal spirit within me. Do not banish me from your presence, and don't take your Holy Spirit from me. Unseal my lips, O Lord, that my mouth may praise you. Psalm 51:10-11, 15

Verses of Salvation ~ Create in me a clean heart, O God. Renew a loyal spirit within me. Do not banish me from your presence, and don't take your Holy Spirit from me. Restore to me the joy of your salvation, and make me willing to obey you. Psalm 51:10-12

Friday’s Feasting at the King’s Table

We can’t live on bread alone. Have some ice cream. It is that time of the year when the weather here in the Northern Hemisphere is warmer and it is ice cream time. What is your favorite? Vanilla. Strawberry. Chocolate—but there are so many variations of chocolate! Rocky Road. Mudslide. Brownie Delight. Chocolate Chip Mint. There are some unusual flavors like bubblegum and cotton candy. Ugh. Guess I’m more of a purest when it comes to ice cream flavors. How about some sorbet? Mango is my favorite…followed closely by Raspberry. Consider the lemon or strawberry sorbets, too. 

Enjoy some good creamy ice cream soon. You can make it yourself, get it at a grocery store or an ice cream shop. You can find some easy recipes on line…or save up your pennies…and dollars and splurge on a cone at a local shop.

© 2021 Text, photos and illustrations by Mickey M. Hunacek. All rights reserved. 

All scripture quoted from the New Living Translation (NLT) unless otherwise noted. 

New Living Translation copyright © 1996, 2004, 2007 by Tyndale House Foundation. 

Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved.

Biblical search from Blue Letter Bible - http://v3.blueletterbible.org/search.cfm 

Parenting Day By Day - Daily Devotional for Building Character

Available as an e-book or paperback at Amazon.com

No comments: