Tuesday, September 17, 2019

Live in God


Meditate on This:
And as we live in God, our love grows more perfect. So we will not be afraid on the day of judgment, but we can face him with confidence because we live like Jesus here in this world.
1 John 4:17

As we live in God…. What does that mean to you? Paul wrote to the Galatians about living in Christ…
My old self has been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me. So I live in this earthly body by trusting in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me. Galatians 2:20

Those of us who believe in Jesus as our Savior have repented of our sin and that has been crucified with Christ. With our sins removed that void in our hearts, in our lives, has been replaced and is continually renewed with the love of Jesus Christ and the Holy Spirit. As Paul put it, I live by trusting in Jesus every day to keep me going and growing. That is an enormous amount of love on Jesus part—to show that love in the first place by allowing Himself, pure and sinless, to be crucified on the cross just like a sacrificial lamb. Jesus continues to show that love when He continues to forgive our sin…daily. And there He is in heaven creating a home for His bride, the church. That is love. His love overflow into each of us…and through us to others. This verse in Philippians expresses the way I feel about that overflowing love for each of you reading this blog.
I pray that your love will overflow more and more, and that you will keep on growing in knowledge and understanding. For I want you to understand what really matters, so that you may live pure and blameless lives until the day of Christ's return. May you always be filled with the fruit of your salvation--the righteous character produced in your life by Jesus Christ--for this will bring much glory and praise to God. Philippians 1:9-11 NLT
Do you know how much Jesus loves you? Are you growing in your knowledge and understanding of Him? How are you sharing His love with others?

Meditate on His Word today.

Prayer ~ Jesus, thank you for loving me enough to go to the cross for me. And as I live in You…and You live in me, may my love grows more perfect. So I will not be afraid on the day of judgment, but I will face You with confidence because I live like You here in this world. 1 John 4:17.

Daily Bible Reading: Ezra 1-3
© 2019 Text and painting by Mickey M. Hunacek. All rights reserved.
All scripture quoted from the New Living Translation (NLT) unless otherwise noted.
Biblical search from Blue Letter Bible - https://www.blueletterbible.org/.
Follow And Like "Banquet With The King" on Facebook. 👍

No comments: