Wednesday, September 18, 2019

His Yoke is Easy


Meditate on This:
Cast your cares on the LORD and he will sustain you; he will never let the righteous be shaken. Psalm 55:22 NIV

Yoke in the Charleston Museum
For one person carrying a heavy load. 
Then Jesus said, "Come to me, all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you. Let me teach you, because I am humble and gentle at heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy to bear, and the burden I give you is light." Matthew 11:28-30 NLT

Jesus wants us to give Him our worries, our cares, our burdens. He will take it away…or bear it with us. He doesn’t want to make it harder, but easier—light burdens. The verse in Psalms…Cast all our care on the Lord…reminds us that Jesus often taught what was already written in the Old Testament—or for the particular book of Psalms it was known as the Ketuvim or Writing to the people in Jesus time. He will sustain you…He’ll support you…He will give you rest. Rest from the heavy burdens…the problems that are weighing you down today. Rest. Take a deep breath and let go of the worries…and let Jesus come alongside you. Image that. A friend who cares enough to help you…spiritually and physically. Of course, Jesus himself isn’t walking physically with you…but it is likely that He has someone who is willing to help you out. Look around. Who can help you…who can you help? Spiritually…that rest that Jesus promises can happen instantly. I’ve been there. He is good…if you just trust Him. Just like a fisherman casts his line or net out…you can toss your cares to Jesus. He’s a great catcher. Then He’ll take you into His yoke…like you see in old movies with oxen yoked together…and He’ll pull your weighty burden…lightening your load. It will be good. You can trust Him. He is strong.

Prayer ~ Lord Jesus, I give you my cares, my heartaches, my disappointments. Life isn’t always what I expected, anticipated or hoped for…but I know You care. Thank You. Teach me and help me to help others find their rest in You.

Daily Bible Reading: Ezra 4-6; Psalm 137
© 2019 Text and photos by Mickey M. Hunacek. All rights reserved.
All scripture quoted from the New Living Translation (NLT) unless otherwise noted.
Biblical search from Blue Letter Bible - https://www.blueletterbible.org/.
Follow And Like "Banquet With The King" on Facebook. 👍

No comments: